• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best Xbox-360 HDTV

Why don't you way for a true HD TV to come out? One that supports 1080p or 1920x1080 native resolution. Microsoft said that they are going Hi-Def in the next gen, supporting 1080p in a lot of games(probably most first party).

In addition, projection screens are just nasty. The images fade away and have lousy viewing angles worse than LCDs.
 
Make sure to get one with HDMI, not just DVI. I also agree on waiting. The PS3 for example has across the board 1080p support - and 1080p is beyond words, so why not wait for a true HDTV with HDMI and 1080p? It's Nov 05 for the Xbox 360 and Spring 06 for the PS3 anyway.
 
Switching to 1920x1080 resolution through windows the monitor doesn't correctly recognize the resolution. instead of there being black bars it fills the whole screen causing geometrical distortion. I'm not keen on too much ultra modern technology but I don't think component inputs allow enough bandwitth for that kind of resolution. Maybe over DVI but the Xbox 360 will most likely have hdmi or some other form of DVI with protection. If anything though, 16:9 720p looks extremely good on the monitor, perfect scaling and the like.
 
Yea i got one of those gaming magazines i think its gaming informer (I am at work)the other day and it had an article on both the xbox and ps3. They were showing pictures of a racing game on dual 1080p monitors. They said it will also support games that play on one screen and have map information and other stuff on the other screen.

I wonder if we will see some multi-purpose hdmi lcd monitors.

I currently play my ps2 on the 2405fpw through composite connections.
 
so you suggest i wait until the 360 comes out to buy a monitor?

and if i was to buy one now, which ones would be best for the 360?
 
Prices on the 40+HDTVs will continue to fall into next year.

As for 1080p support on the PS3, it can't do it on both screens will AA at the same time. The PS3 will scale the rez down to 720p on both screens.

As for 1080p on the Xbox360, MS has not said it will be there out of the box. It remains to be seen if they will or not support it at all. The machine can do it...but that feature is not there now.
 
Tiny said:
Prices on the 40+HDTVs will continue to fall into next year.
.


Listen to this man. Based on surveys and industry folks, HDTV will be the norm in the coming years. If it is in fact going to become the norm, many more HDTVs will be released in order to meet the demand. If in fact companies release more of these sets, the market will become saturated and pricing of these sets will lower drastically. If you can hold off I definitely would try.
 
I don't believe anyone answered this yet. HDMI or DVI-HDCP will be needed as content protection is a big factor in the HD era. Sony has already stated that they will output 1080p through HDMI with the PS3.
 
CrazyCurl said:
Yea i got one of those gaming magazines i think its gaming informer (I am at work)the other day and it had an article on both the xbox and ps3. They were showing pictures of a racing game on dual 1080p monitors. They said it will also support games that play on one screen and have map information and other stuff on the other screen.

I wonder if we will see some multi-purpose hdmi lcd monitors.

I currently play my ps2 on the 2405fpw through composite connections.

do you mean "component" connection? If not.. you would get a lot better picture quality on component. That's how I have my xbox on the 2405fpw.
 
Back
Top