Best wireless mouse

mx1000 was the best wireless mouse i've had ... 1 year rechargeable battery ... than you had to change the whole mouse. Sad..... but the feel was just right.

I made an impulse purchase of a G700 yesterday (after reading this thread) and I'm definitely happy with it! It's super responsive and it has buttons galore. I'm an arrow key player, so the more buttons I can handle with the mouse the better - and this one has a full 11 buttons that are all mappable!
Plus, as an added bonus, you don't have to be concerned with SetPoint, which doesn't jive with some games. It actually keeps your mapping on the device itself.

Literally the only knock on the device is that the wireless receiver IS NOT unifying, so you'll still need a separate receiver for any wireless keyboards you might have. Luckily, those seem to be fine even without the little extender dongle. I'm not seeing any differences just using the little plug nub in my PC without an extender.

Still, 2 thumbs up for the G700. I'm really happy with it so far.

Congrats! I have a G19 keyboard that had two USB ports and since the receiver is of the nano sized variety I just plugged into one of the G19's ports, works like a charm.

Day 2 with the G700 - be careful with the reporting rate! I set it to 1,000 (default is 500) and it goes through the batteries FAST. I went from a full battery to 1 bar in 4-5 hours.
I set everything back to 500 and it seems to help quite a bit. Not that big of a deal, but worth noting for anyone using one.

Also I've noticed that setting the reporting rate above the default can cause flakiness in games, I can't recall exactly what the issues were but I do remember changing reporting rate and having enough issues to leave it alone.

I have the g700 for a month now and so far i love it. I wish it wasnt so heavy and the battery life isnt so spectacular.

I leave the battery completely open so changing the battery is super fast. Helps to have a handful of eneloops nearby =)

i love heavy mice so good to hear! :D not looking forward to changing the batteries all the time but i do have some rechargeable AAs lying around. i think i'll just leave it open like you, that sounds like a good idea. i just placed my order on amazon a couple minutes ago for $80+FS. not too bad, especially since i had $150 in GCs in my account.

so what mouse pads are you guys using? i have a ratpadz but its getting annoying how much it moves around on my desk, and also the way its shaped because my desk is curved so i cant have it right on the edge of the desk and then the corner of the desk digs into my wrist. i think i want to switch to a mat like the xtrac ripper or something because they dont slide and i could possibly cut it to fit the curve of my desk.

G700

Mostly because Logitech customer service is boss. My last g700 had a double clicking issue (it was the button), Logitech UPS'd a brand new one to me within the week.

Before that I had the g7, and it got replaced/upgraded to current g700 for free becasue they no longer made that model.

Logitech customer service is what keeps me buying their stuff

G700

Mostly because Logitech customer service is boss. My last g700 had a double clicking issue (it was the button), Logitech UPS'd a brand new one to me within the week.

Before that I had the g7, and it got replaced/upgraded to current g700 for free becasue they no longer made that model.

interesting. I remember calling them about my G7 but they couldn't find my S/N and somehow I lost the receipt (damn). They said that my credit card company might be able to have the sale on records but I never bothered to call them up. I wanted to call Logitech again and ask about repair fee for G7 but never got around to that either. Who knows, maybe they'd send me a g700 as well :(

Anyway, love the g700 so far, i've been using it for a few days now on default settings. I have 4 Energizers sitting next to it but didn't have to swap them yet cause I use the cable to recharge the mouse while I'm away. Just gotta get used to the system and keep an eye on the meter. Otherwise, fantastic mouse, very happy. Love the revolving wheel as well for general Windows use. I hope there will be no clicking/signal issues like with the G7 at least for a few years.

Oh yeah, I use a $2 flexible Belkin pad I got years ago. I was about to change it cause the G7 was moving strangely on it (felt like the mouse could be tilted left and right) but after G700 it turns out the pad is fine, there must've been a bump on the G7 pads so I'm sticking to it. Otherwise, I was gonna go for SteelSeries QcK based on recommendations here.

Ditto. I have a set of Z5500 speakers that I bought in 2007 and about a year later I started having issues. Called Logitech up, told them what was happening, they told me to ship them the control pod and a week later I had a WHOLE new set of speakers.

Great products AND great customer service.

Setting the G700 report rate definitely helped my battery life a lot. I've been playing some marathon sessions (for me at least) of Borderlands lately, so I just plug the mouse in overnight. Since the rechargeable battery is replaceable, I'm not too afraid of lowering the lifespan too much.
Personally, I love how many buttons it has. Having 4 thumb buttons and 3 forefinger switches is awesome. Plus, again, I love that they don't have to use SetPoint to program them.

Here's a random question - anyone know why there are no 4-finger mice? The G700 is awesome because it has so many buttons, but why not bring back the older 3-finger or even make a 4-finger mouse, too? Is there some kind of reason for that?

Here's a random question - anyone know why there are no 4-finger mice? The G700 is awesome because it has so many buttons, but why not bring back the older 3-finger or even make a 4-finger mouse, too? Is there some kind of reason for that?

I have no experience in ergonomics design but I would think that you need the pinky to help move the mouse around with a good grip. If you were to keep the pinky on top of the mouse on a button, it might be harder to control mouse movements. The mouse would have to be wider as well to keep your pinky up. I guess you could do a side button like for the thumb...not sure how that'd work out - who knows, maybe it's the next big thing? :)

Oh yeah, and most current mice ARE 3-button - you've got a clickable/tiltable wheel.

The answer to the OP "Best Wireless Mouse" is there's no best wireless mouse, as everyone have their own conflicting opinions as to which is better. There is only your opinion of the most suitable wireless mouse for your requirements.

All the replies are merely warm air, voicing your opinions, there's even a reply to OP "Best Wireless Mouse" at #2 with the Logitech MX518. What can I say but for the reply to post to be more diligent or to consist of less cow-poo.

I do not wish to go into which mouse have a bigger/longer battery and it performs better beneath the bed-sheet etc etc etc...........

I am using the Logitech M705 at the moment and tomorrow I maybe using something else.

Love my Logitech Performance MX mouse. Only issues is that the battery only lasts about 1 week before it needs to be recharged after heavy use. No big deal though as you can plug up a USB cable and charge it while you use it.

The answer to the OP "Best Wireless Mouse" is there's no best wireless mouse, as everyone have their own conflicting opinions as to which is better. There is only your opinion of the most suitable wireless mouse for your requirements.

All the replies are merely warm air, voicing your opinions, there's even a reply to OP "Best Wireless Mouse" at #2 with the Logitech MX518. What can I say but for the reply to post to be more diligent or to consist of less cow-poo.

I do not wish to go into which mouse have a bigger/longer battery and it performs better beneath the bed-sheet etc etc etc...........

I am using the Logitech M705 at the moment and tomorrow I maybe using something else.

I agree. I have an old 2004 (I think) MX1000, which I love. If the G700 wasn't $39.99 at my local Computer Store for Boxing day I would not have purchased it. Actually I haven't opened it as yet. Still used to the MX1000. The MX is cradle rechargeable with a DPI of 1000, which is really all you need.

agreed, but at least the responses give the OP some suggestions and starting points to consider.

I loved my VX Revolution other than the rechargeable-only battery. So many times my mouse would die mid-game and I would charge for 1 minute, game for 5. Can't tell you how many times I've done that..sticking to wired mice these days.

Opened and used my G700 for the first time yesterday.
Luckily I have about 10 spare rechargeable eneloope batteries, because the "out of the box" one only lasted 1 hour.
Am a bit disappointed in the build of the G700 (when compared to the MX1000). The scroll wheel rattles.
Also what's with this 5700 DPI? Anything above 2000 DPI and the pointer is all over the screen. Plus it eats battery life at anything higher than 1200 DPI.
The four left side buttons, although cleverly designed, keep getting in way of my thumb. So I disabled the top 2 side buttons.
Haven't explored the macros as yet.
A bit disappointed, but its worth $39.99. At the regular price of $90, purchase some other mouse. :)

+1 for the G700 here too. I went from a G9x to the G700 and after the initial shock of the extra weight and girth I would never go back.

Chris

for gaming there are a few mouse that hava best performance
G700(A9500)
Manba(PLN2032/2033)
Sidewinder X8(Microsoft Blue Track 4000)
top 3 sensor

Logitech has totally given up on the gaming market. Junk products and the worst is the gaming software they make you use.

The best wireless gaming mouse out there is the Razer Mamba 2012. Done.

The best wireless gaming mouse out there is the Razer Mamba 2012. Done.

yeah, but no tilt wheel? :confused: and yeas, I do use it, even if mostly in Windows apps. I am also getting addicted to the free-spin on the wheel.

I have Razer Mamba 2012 for over 3 weeks right now
sensor wise it's amazing beast, I've spend quite a few hours on BF3 using it, nothing to complain about

but wireless, well that's different story.. it stalls once in a while (like once every 15 minutes round in BF3, or 3-4 times an hour if you're not a gamer), misses clicks and have all kind of "poor wireless implementation" in noisy environment (I can detect like six - 2,4GHz networks just with my cellphone)
when it comes to wireless it's no better than my 2 years old diNovo BT Laser set I have online, which tend to go berserk once a week and had to be no further than 2m away from receiver..

I have ticket open with Razer tech support about wireless performance

few hours ago I've unplugged wire again and now mouse is working flawlessly wireless but I guess no later than this evening I'll be switching back to wire, which at least is fast and easy ;)

so i placed my order on amazon for my G700 on jan 2nd. friday it was "out for delivery" and today it says "delay in delivery due to external factors." :(

so i placed my order on amazon for my G700 on jan 2nd. friday it was "out for delivery" and today it says "delay in delivery due to external factors." :(

Sorry to hear that. Pretty weird, do you know what happened?

Sorry to hear that. Pretty weird, do you know what happened?

nope no idea. apparently the carrier is "parcelpool" who i guess delivers to alaska, hawaii, puerto rico, etc for amazon sometimes. not too happy about it. it took amazon a full 6 days to process my order and now its been another 9 days in transit. i guess you get what you pay for with free shipping...

nope no idea. apparently the carrier is "parcelpool" who i guess delivers to alaska, hawaii, puerto rico, etc for amazon sometimes. not too happy about it. it took amazon a full 6 days to process my order and now its been another 9 days in transit. i guess you get what you pay for with free shipping...

Actually, I'm getting amazing shipping speeds with Amazon free shipping, a couple of times the order showed up the next day =) I live in Canada and in a large city though, so might be close to a warehouse or something.

Anyway, be patient, it should be worth it.

Actually, I'm getting amazing shipping speeds with Amazon free shipping, a couple of times the order showed up the next day =) I live in Canada and in a large city though, so might be close to a warehouse or something.

Anyway, be patient, it should be worth it.

oh i have no qualms about using USPS. i love them to death. flat rate shipping boxes and branches everywhere have made my life super easy when i used to do a lot of buying and selling. my misgivings are about this parcelpool company that i googled and seems pretty crappy and the fact that they took forever and still failed to deliver my package. even fedex and ups have been pretty good to me.

EDIT: so i guess theyre forwarding it to my new address. i moved on the 2nd and changed my address with usps on like the 5th. my buddies still live in my old house so i figured i could just pick it up there, but it looks like they found my change of address and are getting it to my new place. i only moved a few miles away so hopefully i'll have it today or tomorrow.

Last edited:
I do not know how "official" this is across all shipments, but the few times I have had a package list "delay in delivery due to external factors" the package was either forgotten at the shipping facility or forgotten on the truck (due, I believe, to the package being packed towards the back).

This is, at least, the explanation phone calls got me.

It may be an odd tracking update, but I wouldn't worry too much. You should receive the package the next day.

EDIT: I just saw your edit. Well at least you know where it is!

well i had to pay $8.15 in shipping to USPS because of the forwarding to my new address. stupid. i guess since amazon uses discounted bulk shipping forwarding isnt included in the cost. whatever.

so my switch profiles button is a little weird. has anyone else noticed that? it seems like it goes down quite a bit and then gets really resistant and then finally clicks really hard. its not a nice smoothe easy click like all the other buttons.

EDIT: just realized the switch profiles button is actually a mechanical switch for the scroll wheel. i assume thats why it feels weird. should be ok.

Last edited:
People were really complaining about the battery life for the G700? It's really not bad, I have a Logitech G7 and the battery life for it was even worse, though the battery was a little easier to swap out than the G700. If you're buying a high performance wireless mouse, I think the battery life is going to be crap no matter what you get. I'm perfectly fine with swapping out batteries every 1-2 days for my G700.

I had to RMA the first G700 I had because the right click was too sensitive, but the replacement has been perfect since I've had it. Again, I don't see why people complain about battery life, it's pretty much expected for the battery life to be terrible with the performance you're getting. They could've made it so that it uses 2 batteries instead of just 1 though, I'm guessing it's a design flaw of some sort?

People were really complaining about the battery life for the G700? It's really not bad, I have a Logitech G7 and the battery life for it was even worse, though the battery was a little easier to swap out than the G700. If you're buying a high performance wireless mouse, I think the battery life is going to be crap no matter what you get. I'm perfectly fine with swapping out batteries every 1-2 days for my G700.

I had to RMA the first G700 I had because the right click was too sensitive, but the replacement has been perfect since I've had it. Again, I don't see why people complain about battery life, it's pretty much expected for the battery life to be terrible with the performance you're getting. They could've made it so that it uses 2 batteries instead of just 1 though, I'm guessing it's a design flaw of some sort?

meh not really a flaw, just a tradeoff you have to make. they wanted it to be able to use readily-available AAs instead of only their proprietary rechargeable packs. im guessing too many people were complaining about having to buy new battery packs when the ones that came with the G7 started running out too fast. i know my battery packs each last only a few hours of gaming now and new ones cost about $20-25. with AAs, people can buy rechargeable AAs from the store when the enerloop that comes with it starts dying.

meh not really a flaw, just a tradeoff you have to make. they wanted it to be able to use readily-available AAs instead of only their proprietary rechargeable packs. im guessing too many people were complaining about having to buy new battery packs when the ones that came with the G7 started running out too fast. i know my battery packs each last only a few hours of gaming now and new ones cost about $20-25. with AAs, people can buy rechargeable AAs from the store when the enerloop that comes with it starts dying.

I understand that, I was saying maybe they could've made it so that it used 2 AA batteries instead of just 1 AA battery. But maybe the way they designed it made it so that it wasn't possible to add an extra battery slot or something? I dunno. Either way, it doesn't bother me.. just an afterthought really. I get a lot better performance out of my G700 than I did with my G7 (even though that was still a great mouse).

well i had to pay $8.15 in shipping to USPS because of the forwarding to my new address. stupid. i guess since amazon uses discounted bulk shipping forwarding isnt included in the cost. whatever.

so my switch profiles button is a little weird. has anyone else noticed that? it seems like it goes down quite a bit and then gets really resistant and then finally clicks really hard. its not a nice smoothe easy click like all the other buttons.

EDIT: just realized the switch profiles button is actually a mechanical switch for the scroll wheel. i assume thats why it feels weird. should be ok.

yeah, the profile switch button is right behind that one. the scroll-wheel one is supposed to feel that way cause it's switching some mechanical lock, not just sending a signal

Back