Best weapon ever?

ChainSAW... DOOM... DUH!!!!

doom0017-500x375.png

:D

or nowadays the tact. nuke in MW2 :D

The panzerfaust in RTCW multiplayer was fun to use. People used to whine about that weapon all the time.

The mortar gun from Tribes 2 was also cool.

For me it'd have to be a tie between the Quake 2 railgun and the MG42 from DoD.

+1 for the railgun (any variant) - back in the day I remember having railgun wars in Q3 on the CTF maps where you were airborne more often than not (the ones out in space). Good stuff.

Instagib rifle from UT.

Pinpoint accuracy, 1 hit kill, fast refire rate, infinite ammo, a real mans weapon :)

while the ripperfrom UT
Ripper.jpg

and the Quake rail guns are great, i like the q4 version, too bad they raped multiplayer.
the red faction rail gun was cool, shooting through walls with thermal imaging or whatever it was.

id say the one i loved the most, despite being a little slow, but devasting on light armor was the disc launcher from Tribes. it was nice to see it in all the tribes games.
tribes.jpg

The Ion cannon from the Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Firestorm series (and C&C:3).

Beside that, the Mammoth Mk II was a walking engine of destruction -- nothing is quite like having a enemy Mammoth MK II drop into your base when you're distracted and lay waste.

That or the Cyborg Commando doing a surprise attack... Whoo. Good times.

Beside that? UT2K4 -- the ultimate vehicle in the game -- the Leviathan. When you had 4 team members healing you and another 4 team members protecting your flanks from inside, and you deploy yourself... Woo.

But my favorite of all time? Carriers in Starcraft. 12 protoss carriers = insta win.

The Blackhawk miniguns in BF2 (before they nerfed it). It was so fun getting a rape chopper full of engineers and medics, with the miniguns instakilling everyone, the medics healing those who got hurt, and the engis repairing the chopper.

I have a tie on my hands
I can't decide between the Gauss Gun / Tau Cannon in HL1
tau.gif

Shooting through walls, bouncing shots, propelling yourself across the map. What *can't* this gun do?

Or the Devastator from Duke Nukem 3D
devastator.jpg

It's a shoulder-mounted rapid fire rocket cannon. (I really can't tell if it's firing mini-rockets or something else, but it's a ton of fun)

Flak Cannon in UT3, hell even the rocket launcher is 2nd place. They did an awesome job on the mechanic feel of the ut3 weps.

The Blaster Launcher from UFO : Enemy Unknown (Xcom). Being able to set way points for the rocket and have it smash into UFO's giving you additional entry points for your soldiers was awesome.

Oh I had so much fun with that. I used to load a drop ship with new recruits, arrange them in a gas station or other explosive area, then my friend and I would take turns seeing how many house, etc we could pass through and blow as many up as possible

Bowling for newbs!

The predator's gun from the AvP series. The one that shot out blades that would decapitate people and leave their head stuck to a tree.

Also, the twirly staff thing in Painkiller. The default weapon that you could melee with, or altfire to juggle monsters in midair until gold fell out of them.

Agreed.

My favorite has to be the flak cannon:

Flakcannon-ut.jpg

Love banking flak around corners or off of the floor.

Word. Did you know there is a yellow smiley face painted on shells when you use alternate fire?

Hrm.....

Blaster Launcher from X-Com UFO Defense. Basically a mini nuclear bomb with about 9 or 10 selectable waypoints. You could make it go around corners, up and down stairs, through windows...it was awesome.

I love the original plasma gun from F.E.A.R., nothing quite like turning a guy into a skeleton for the first time.

If the lightning from Bioshock counts thats a good one, nothing like shocking guys to death standing in the water.

Shrink Ray in Duke Nukem. Shrink your target down, then walk over and step on them.

The auto shotgun in Soldier of Fortune,with the character damage the game used it got messy as hell.
The lightsaber in the Jedi Knight series with the "realistic" code activated.

Not stock, but a weapon nonetheless.

I downloaded a modded knife model for Counter-Strike way back in the day. Instead of the knife it was a guitar you swing around and whack people with. Good times, good times.

hhmmmm difficult..

Adaptation from a real weapon: MP5 (CS1.6 or CS:S)

Imaginary weapon: Flak Cannon (UT)

...most old school fun has to be the either the Flare Pistol from "Blood"

flare2.jpg

flare3.jpg

Most hilarious when setting friends on fire in MP mode... hearing the "it burns, Im burning...uuuahghghhhhhh" just cracked me up so much back then. nicely done!

...or the Rip Saw from "Readneck Rampage".
385040.jpeg

As far as I recall, this weapon could ricochet around, making it totally unpredictable, a lot of free frags on that account :D

Last edited:
I have a tie on my hands
I can't decide between the Gauss Gun / Tau Cannon in HL1
tau.gif

Shooting through walls, bouncing shots, propelling yourself across the map. What *can't* this gun do?

Actually we played the original HLDM at the last LAN party and had a laugh, that weapon is so much fun.

Whoop wupwupwupwupwup - FZZZZZTSSSZT

The epic jumps you could do with that were so funny in DM, people flying around like crazies.

Back