Best weapon ever?

The Eyelander for the Demoman is just so out of place yet so entertaining... my favorite weapon in an FPS...

What do you think the best weapon in a video game has been? By "best" I mean coolest, most badass, most fun to use.

I'll take the classic approach and say the lightsaber. I always make lightsaber sounds with my mouth when I'm playing KOTOR, at least up till the point where I actually get a lightsaber.

The gravity gun is pretty cool, too. . . .

I agree with the Lightsaber choice. I'd easily pay $60 (current push for PC game prices) for a new Jedi Knight game designed for the PC.

SHARPIEFINE_black.jpg

Another one of my favorite weapons. :)

What do you think the best weapon in a video game has been? By "best" I mean coolest, most badass, most fun to use.

I'll take the classic approach and say the lightsaber. I always make lightsaber sounds with my mouth when I'm playing KOTOR, at least up till the point where I actually get a lightsaber.

The gravity gun is pretty cool, too. . . .

HL2 Gravity Gun by far

SHARPIEFINE_black.jpg

Another one of my favorite weapons. :)

Actually there was a weapon like this in one of the pretty bad (IMHO), James Bond titles. Cant remember which one right now. ...it was "Nightfire"
The pen shot out a dart that put out any player instantly. Most fun in MP mode. The pen release had a delay or the dart was ultra unrealistically slow, it was a little tricky to use, and great to own with at the Japanese MP level:

788-thumb-13.jpg

cant find image of the darn pen...

Last edited:
Quelserrar_rendering.jpg

shield3.jpg

and of course

aafa5f16ab507a74dc85c19d0411339d.JPG

538-1522.jpg

i know its WoW nerdy but seeing all those for the first time back when i was an uber nerd was pretty cool.

Although, in terms of actual kill potential, original Halo pistol cannot be fucked with.

Samus' upgraded cannon from the end of Super Metroid. Arguably one of the most game-changing weapons from any game ;)

There was a mech type game for Atari Jaguar, you could shoot these giant cruise missiles and then pilot the missile first person, it was awesome.

The Tau Cannon from Half Life.. Wind it up by holding right click, shoot a wall, and you obliterate anyone within that room. Those were some fun times.

Tau_cannon.jpg

To quote Jayne Cobb from Serenity/Firefly: "Three full mags and my swinging cod!"

Banana Bomb (ninja rope 'herding' FTW) :)
I would pick a fully upgraded ship in Xenon 2 but that doesn't really count as one weapon.

My favorite is still the rail gun from Quake 3. Just a simple, pure, tool of murder.

My second favorite is the Cerebral Bore from Turok 2.

Honorable mention goes to the Railway Rifle in Fallout 3, for the simple pleasure it gives me to just run around and plug people with railroad ties and pin thier carcasses against the concrete. It makes a funny sound too.

Last edited:
It's close for me between the, BFG (Doom), Crystal gravity gun (HL2), and mini-nukes (Fallout 3). I think I'd have to choose the crystal gravity gun though. :D

Some of my favorites came from HalfLife. Using the cross-bow for the first time in HL:DM was truly awesome.. TF sniper was hands down my favorite gun of choice in Team Fortress, the sentry kicked ass too.

I think the Alien in both AvPI/II was my favorite weapon of all time… Game over man GAME OVER..

And of course the LightSaber from any JediNight game.

Another vote for the Super Shotgun in Doom II. There hasn't been any shotgun that replicates the utterly manly feel of that beast. I love the way it sounds.

Favorite FPS weapons;

Old School: BFG 9000
Real life FPS weapons: m14 from COD 4 modern warfare
Favorite imaginary weapons: Rail Gun quake 2, Slim cannon Unreal Tournament
Favorite meele: Chainsaw

Back