Best way to setup Eyefinity??

bowmanm3

n00b
I have a sapphire vapor-x 5770 right now, would it be better to add a second 5770 and go Crossfire or get a single 6950? I will have 3 23" 1908x1080 monitors and would like to be able to max out the graphics as much as possible for games like CS, TF2, Civ V, etc.

Suggestions? The rest of my specs are in the sig.

My rule of thumb is to always go with the single fastest single GPU card you can afford.

Single HD6950 is faster than two HD5770s regardless. This plus it uses less power than two 5770s, and no CF issues to worry about, AND more memory, using the single 6950 is a no-brainer.
The 1GB on the 5770s will also have been an issue in eyefinity.

Ok, then my next questions is: will a 6950 fit into an Antec 300?

Dimensions of ther card are located in the product description page and you can take a tape measure to your case. Should be easy enough to determine...just saying

ok i figured it out. I won't be near my computer till late tonight so i couldn't measure it, but I found out that it will indeed fit, and so will a 6970 if I went that route.

Antec's website says, for Antec 300,
"Maximum video card size: 11"/279mm (Note: some video cards may block access to the adjacent hard drive bay)"

Ok, then my next questions is: will a 6950 fit into an Antec 300?

The answer is yes as I have two of them in my Antec 300 right now (see sig). You may have to adjust the placement of your HDD's though. My SSD and HDD had to be placed near to the bottom of the case to accommodate the second card.

Last edited:
Back