• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Best Sub Cutoff Freqency

Chernobyl1 said:
Which filter type(s) have you assumed is in use? Without seeing the circuit(s) for the crossover(s) its not possible from here to determine the type of the filter nor the order of the filter.
Second order was my assumption, as that is typical in many fields (including home theater, large format consoles, plug-ins and the like). If the filter were first order, rolloff would be much less severe at 6dB per octave, leading to less attentuation between different frequency bands.

Chernobyl1 said:
There is no way we can know what the response of the satellites will be, given that we dont know the speakers -3dB point, the filters zero attentuation point, the filters -3dB point, the type of filter in use and the order of the filter.
Nope. I assumed the response of the satellites at -3dB. I find it more difficult to assume the response at unity, as that can really end up being all over the place.
 
Wow, thanks for all of you who posted, some things I already knew and some I learned in this thread, this has been very informative, im going to try 80hz, 100hz and without bass redirection. Probably play a few battle scenes from a movie and see which freqency sounds the best, and listen if im missing any sounds.
 
Back
Top