Best Sub $200 Computer Chair?

ever used a meat grinder?

I was thinking more along the lines of this

playdoh.jpg

I have one of these at work and if I had one at home, I believe my KD ratio would go up and I would stop going to work as often. Which is ironic, because that is where I learned to love this chair. It is expensive though. Even I can't justify that cost, and I just reasoned my way into a $20 keyboard on the hot deals forum. I already own a keyboard.

I have This chair and love it. It's very comfortable for me. Decent lumbar support without being overkill.

You guys realize this thread is 4 years old right? Some new account bumped it to tell us all that he bought a chair. :rolleyes:

I bought an Ergohuman ME7ERG and since then I have not had a single day of back or ass pain. The chair was like magic for me. It includes a lifetime warranty. I accidentally broke one of the pads on the arm off and they sent me an entire new arm for free.

With a chair, never settle for something below the $500 range. You will just continue buying a new chair every 5-10 years.

I have to say I'm there with Nocens on this. I had an assortment of Office Depot desk chairs, even a big leather executive chair etc. If you absolutely can't afford beyond $200, look for one of the "Aeron style knockoffs" that have a vented back with good lumbar support. Sit in it yourself and try it out.

However, if you're sitting in front of a PC for much of your day, you owe it to yourself to get something high end. Don't spend $1000 on high end PC components and then go without an ergonomic chair! Look online for specialty ergonomic seating and work from there!

I'm using an old Humanscale Freedom custom, circa 2004. Its probably time to start thinking about a replacement, but it was like night and day compared to the chairs I had in the past. Unlike so many other ergonomic ones at the time which required you to make lots of settings and tweaks, the Humanscale Freedom was famous for being "automatic" - for instance, if you leaned back, its plates would adjust to contour to your back properly etc... without having switches and tension gauges to mess with. Check it out at .... www.humanscale.com/products/product_detail.cfm?group=FreedomTaskChairWithHeadrest to get some idea.

The Freedom looks kind of futuristic with a neat headrest design, and has been featured on many TV shows (I think Bill Mahar has one with a headrest, while the rest of his panel have the version without), and the model I bought was from a place that could actually customize it. Mine is upgraded with the gel-seat, the most advanced gel armplates with multi-direction config, as well as the headrest There are other options as well, such as an extra tall or short column, locking casters etc... but they weren't necessary for me. Overall, customized the thing came to nearly $1000, but considering I've seen some ergo type stores sell base models for $1500, it was a good deal. Oh, that's one more thing. There are some ergo stores that sell their products for a fucking fortune because its a niche market, so be sure to look around and you may be surprised to find that a model you thought was totally out of your price range at one place would be cheaper somewhere else.

Good luck!

You're point being?

That nobody reads threads before posting, the post right above this one tells the OP good luck.. I think he's bought a chair since then. The struggle is real.

that and..

(28) Thread NECRO-ING is not allowed unless specific to the old thread and necessary.

I too am looking for a nice chair.
Since I live on my chair, the $100 chairs from Office Depot normally last no longer than a year. I couldn't imagine an ikea chair lasting any longer.

I got the highest end Costco chair 4yrs ago and it has been a champ, but is now falling apart. I might grab another one of them, but would be down to try a more high end chair if heavily discounted. If not just looking for another comfortable chair built like a tank.

I wish I had the budget for a Herman Miller Embody. For half price I'd commit.

When I was in South China it was very hot and humid. I managed to get a great deal on an office chair that was made of elastic cords, very comfortable and well ventilated.

I've heard good things about the Ikea Markus.

I can second the Ikea Markus. Nice high back, mesh, cast aluminum base. Great chair, 10 year warranty on the seat. Armrests are not adjustable, but if you don't like them, you don't have to screw them on. It's as comfy for my 5'8 212 lbs as my old Aeron was.

I'm going to pick this chair up when I get my car back just sat in it at OfficeMax.

http://www.officemax.com/office-furniture/chairs/product-prod5310705

The problem after having a MESH chair after a while the mesh wears out and you get lazy and your back gets lazy and it doesn't force you to sit upright.

I bought two mesh chairs like a year ago I regret it now nice for hot days

I stick to the claim I make that Deep chairs are no good for the spine cause you will become lazy in them and it's a greater distance from your back to the keyboard mouse which is why I like short task chairs the best.

I had a leather Broyal chair exec. leather highback chair and it did a number on my back in the mid 2000s for the 5-6
years I had it.

Mesh chairs wear out period unless it's like titanium mesh or something space age they are going to wear out and the chair is shot....

ARM RESTS are important too my current Fugeo I picked up last year has like rubber plastic type arm rests very bad for the rotator cuff and gaming with a mouse.
I tried sanding them to make them smoother and silcon spray but the spray wears out after a week.

Picked up the above chair it's pretty nice.....

Way better then the Mesh chair I had never again will I go with Mesh.

Way better then the Mesh chair I had never again will I go with Mesh.

A mesh chair is a much better option if there's a lot of sweating involved. That does depend on the person, the climate, air conditioning, and just how much anal sweat fragging folks generates.

I have an Aeron at work and there I love it. I also bought one for home a while back and I while I was originally happy with it I am now no longer satisfied. It turns out I sit on the chair longer at home than I do at work, the chair's leading "waterfall" edge puts too much pressure on the back of my thighs and I hate it.

I called support and they asked me whether it's sized right. I said that it's the exact same chair size that I have at work where risk management had their ergo dude come over and size it properly, so I am confident that it's sized right I just don't sit on it for 6+ hours at a time at work.

I am thinking to maybe switch it for the Herman Miller Mirra, or go the less expensive and closer to the thread title Office Star SPACE Air Grid 5560 for $219 shipped, see http://www.sit4life.com/products/Office-star/Office-star-space-air-grid-5560/127 Looks like the front edge of that chair is a lot lower and thus less likely to put as much pressure on the thighs as the Aeron.

I just got this one

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/416538/NASCAR-High-Back-Bonded-Leather-Chair/

Its pretty comfortable and there is a coupon for another 30$ off.

Just wanted to chime in that I have had this one and the seat ripped in less than a year. They sent me a new seat for free but it ripped in about a year too. I also had some back pain when using this chair.

Then I got an Aeron which has lasted 3 years so far without any sign of wear and no back pain.

It turns out I sit on the chair longer at home than I do at work, the chair's leading "waterfall" edge puts too much pressure on the back of my thighs and I hate it.
I am thinking to maybe switch it for the Herman Miller Mirra, or go the less expensive and closer to the thread title Office Star SPACE

I may disappoint you, but Mirra has the same issue. It wasn't that bad when I got it about 7 years ago, but after several years of heavy weight lifting (squats especially) it became a problem.

Back