Best sub-$100 motherboard?

synic

n00b
Any of the PT800 chipset boards are inexpensive. The Abit VI7 is what I got, and I'm pretty satisfied with it. The onboard audio was hissy, so I put my SB Live! in it, and the memory needed to be boosted from 2.60 volts default up to 2.65 to get the tight timings (2-3-6-3) at DDR400 (I have PC3200 RAM). I'll fiddle with overclocking some other time, but it's not really the OC king board since there are only a limited amount of choices for voltages.

I got my board at Fry's in a combo with a 2.8 GHz P4, for $279, but standard normal price on it's own the VI7 is $70

the asus a8n-e is a fine non sli board for 93.00.imo its the best board out for nf4.
the asrock is a great board for those needing agp for a while longer.
the biostar tforce sli board is as good as dfi ultra d and is cheaper/o/clocks like mad.
and the gigabyte boards for those running stock.their cheap and perform well stk settings.

What does it mean if a motherboard of Newegg is open box? Does it come with all the cables and stuff?

kelim said:
What does it mean if a motherboard of Newegg is open box? Does it come with all the cables and stuff?

Basically, it's just refurbished. Might have them...might not.

kirbyrj said:
Basically, it's just refurbished. Might have them...might not.

More likely it was a customer return. Refurbished stuff is more likely just powered on to make sure it powers up, boots, ect... so don't put much faith into reburbished goods - it's a crap shoot. Doesn't mean nothing has been damaged. ex, i recieved a "refurbished" motherboard from newegg, and it had a blown up fan header (very easily seen - if inspected).

Back