• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BEST SSD under 150

Amazon has it for $209 and free shipping, and the best return policy of any online retailer. Why not just buy it there? Newegg's return policy blows chunks.
 
whats amazons return policy? i called neweg while i was ordering and they said cant return for refund only exchange for same item lol fail
 
That's odd, I looked up their return policy in December (for a mouse) and I remember reading they had a 15% restocking fee... Maybe it doesn't apply to SSD tho. I've had good experience w/Newegg CS; including RMAs (SB mobo, RAM) and three or four credits on products that went down in price shortly after I bought them, but from the stories I've heard Amazon is more flexible and even more eager to please.
 
Hmm, I really haven't seen enough reviews of the M4/830 at lower capacities to see if one or the other would have an edge, specially at 64GB... If money's really tight the 830 is indeed $15 cheaper and you could probably resell Batman for a decent amount. Seems like most reviews out there are for the 256GB and 512GB versions.

Another option in that price range would be an 80GB Intel 320 but I'm not sure your budget would allow waiting on the hefty rebate so maybe that's a non-option (otherwise even the 120GB is within budget). I'm starting to think you're never gonna get a SSD... :p Personally I would've bought one way before any 3D glasses but that's just me...

Maybe it's time to take a look at used drives? There's probably lots of 80GB X25-M's being resold as people upgrade... And I doubt they're even worth $100 in light of recent deals (which is why I didn't bother selling mine!).
 
well im gonna sleep on it but i have a total of 121,87$ to spend and the only two that caught my eye is the m4 for 118.98 3 day shipping and the one i just linked even more apealing for resale of batman but im still undecided i dont want any bsod issues and it has to outperform my 6gb wd 1002faex blacks
 
Pretty much any SSD that's been mentioned will vastly outperform your HDD regardless of what HDD it is or how many ya got in RAID. :p It's about access time and random read/write speeds, those just aren't as easy to market as the flashy sequential transfer speeds (ironic, considerng the difference between the former is way bigger despite the smaller numbers involved overall... must be that 5/4ths of people having trouble with fractions thing ;) ).
 
well im gonna sleep on it but i have a total of 121,87$ to spend and the only two that caught my eye is the m4 for 118.98 3 day shipping and the one i just linked even more apealing for resale of batman but im still undecided i dont want any bsod issues and it has to outperform my 6gb wd 1002faex blacks

You likely won't have any BSOD issues with the Crucial m4 or the Samsung 830. Both are good drives and, quite frankly, you won't notice a difference between the two in either performance or hassle. The Samsung has Toggle NAND which is nice... and comes with an adapter bracket and SATA cables.
 
Comes either with the adapter bracket + SATA cables or the USB/SATA adapter, depending on which SKU you grab. I find the latter more valuable only because I already had the bracket I needed for my case (and plenty of SATA cables), those USB adapters are generally useful for repairs, etc.
 
Back
Top