Best soulution for cleaning computer components?

I temporarily purchased an air compressor for some computer components that badly needed cleaned/dusted and it did the trick but it's super loud and with a 1 gallon tank only has about 15 seconds of use before it needs to refill...
Campbell Hausfeld 1 Gallon Air Compressor - Walmart.com

The Metro ED500 DataVac 500-Watt 120 volt 0.75-HP Electric Blower Duster looked like it might be a good deal, but I would prefer an air compressor for other household work.

Not really looking to pay an arm and a leg $100 would hit the mark. I know having an inline water filter is a good to have when working with electronics. I guess my big turnoff is how loud compressors are. I've found some ultra quite ones but they are around $200-$300 more than I'd like to pay.

this one is the quietest I could find at just 48 decibels
https://www.amazon.com/SL-40-Noisel...UN0H4?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&tag=airtools07-20

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Uh... that thing should be able to last more than 15 seconds. Turn down the PSI before using it. You don't need it set on the highest setting to get a good stream of air to blow dust away.

Exactly what "household work" do you intend to do with a compressor anyway?

I have a 10 gallon Craftsman and I still have to let it build back up 2 or 3 times. But I like to use the full blast on dirty Texas dust.

That idiot didn't even bother preventing the fans from spinning. I do not recommend doing that.

It's not cheap by any means, but I've found the BEST method for cleaning out a PC is with one of these 3M vacuums.

What about just compressed air cans? I think you can get a 3 pack from frys for $10... ?

What about just compressed air cans? I think you can get a 3 pack from frys for $10... ?

those are convenient but for a really dirty case you have to keep swapping between the cans. the cans get cold and condensate really fast and the pressure drops.
I was cleaning my HAF-932 a week and half ago when I sold it to a friend and it was really dusty inside, bought a 3 pack of air from Walmart to clean it, had to use 2 cans and swap between them as they cooled down.

fwiw I used to use an Air Force Blaster SK (metrovac on steroids) but now just fill up my 11gal $35 Harbor Freight air tank with my smaller Senco compressor and use one of these (F3 quiet flow head) for the airgun.

Back