best slim fans?

iYoYo

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 27, 2011
Messages
260
Im having troubles fitting fans in my case with the cpu cooler on the way. Im looking for quiet slim fans, any recommendations?
 
What size fans are you currently using? Are you looking for 120x120x25mm fans or thinner?
 
120mm? scythe makes good thin 120's, for a 80mm or smaller i'd buy a slim delta.
 
Oh right so thats what boiler1990 was talking about. yes Im looking for 120mm fans, half of 25MM width
 
I've used the scythe slim 120x120x15mm in a few of my systems and they are really nice. I definitely recommend them for slim fans.
 
can you say that theyre quiet?
I have 3 of them in my main rig at home and I can barely hear the thing when it's running. I'd definitely say they are quiet. But they also have a range of speeds to choose from which gives you some options for picking ones with your preferred airflow/noise ratio.
 
I've got a scythe 120mm thin fan (12mm thick). I'll sell it to you for 10$ shipped. Its barely used, took it off a big shuriken. PM me if interested.
 
I use the Scythe 15mm thick fans for top of the case exhaust, so I can use the quieter ones that run around 800-900rpm. Understand that they push less air than a standard 25mm fan, so I'd be hesitant to use them for cooling a cpu, unless it is a relatively low power one.
 
I've got a scythe 120mm thin fan (12mm thick). I'll sell it to you for 10$ shipped. Its barely used, took it off a big shuriken. PM me if interested.

Yep, the Big Shuriken's slim 120mm can get loud at max, but near min RPMs, it keeps an i3 530 cool, and silent :)
 
Back
Top