Best RPG ever??

Mmmm, i would have to say FFX has the most addicting intro song, its just so melodious
Im learning it on the piano atm.

Addicted to FFXII atm, getting the emu working on my laptop so that i can play FF7 8 9 and CT

shiznit, i must agree with your observation, but i would think your being totally critical of it and not seeing the other side of the argument, look Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 ,10 and you will see in depth storylines that truly mean something, most western games have no story or character development, but shine in the combat system, graphics, and physics which sadly is too much focus in my opinion of game developers in the US nowadays

Well, I don't normally care for traditional style "Japan" RPGs. But I think that XenoGears was the best RPG of any kind that I have ever played.

So anyone ever play Secret of Mana 2 (seiken densetsu 3 <sp?>) I have played that game through more times that any other game.

suikoden 2 and secret of mana were my favs

ffvii as well... but prolly cuz of the storyline

Mmmm, i would have to say FFX has the most addicting intro song, its just so melodious
Im learning it on the piano atm.

Addicted to FFXII atm, getting the emu working on my laptop so that i can play FF7 8 9 and CT

shiznit, i must agree with your observation, but i would think your being totally critical of it and not seeing the other side of the argument, look Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 ,10 and you will see in depth storylines that truly mean something, most western games have no story or character development, but shine in the combat system, graphics, and physics which sadly is too much focus in my opinion of game developers in the US nowadays
well, like i said, anime played off as 'story' is not my thing. I like deep and complex gameplay, couldn't care less about cutscenes. The best story in the world can't save shitty gameplay. While my some of my buddies in highschool were sitting there watching hours of pre-rendered anime waiting for a random encounter in FF7, I was exterminating even civilian in New Reno :).

Ultima VII and Baldur's Gate had the most involved and gripping storylines....Planescape: Torment was most original. They are all among the greatest ever.

For Console:
Final Fantasy 3/6 (so many hours of my life...)
Final Fantasy X
Super Mario RPG

For PC:
KOTOR
Morrowind

I didn't really like Oblivion so much...it just didn't draw me in. I may have to check out Secret of Mana, though, with so many people recommending it!

I wwould also buy a PS3 and pay $100 for a 3D remake of FF6.

Fallout I and II

Fallout I was awesome for some of the strange twists that it could take.

first time playing it, i found the big city, and purchased water from the water traders, that moved up the time table of the mutant attack...
i found that cool.

and how can you not love dogmeat?

even after all the other NPCs leave, dogmeat stays by your side. 4eva!
later on the game became about how to protect the poor guy.

Woooo! I just picked up Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga at EB yesterday. Going to start Nocturne tonight. The games only cost me $40 and $50. :D

I don't know who the hell was crazy enough to trade those to in to EB. All the better for me though. :D

I was fond of Shenmue for the Sega Dreamcast. Also, there was a Mega Man game for I think the Playstation that was a fantastic RPG. KOTOR2 for the PC was great too.

The FF series are always good, lot of the SquareExnix library. Rogue Galaxy was fun too.

PC: Fable Lost Chapters and Oblivion. Can't wait for Mass Effects.

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne has such a good sountrack! Best soundtrack out of all the PS2-gen games.

Back