Best ROM's for Samsung Galaxy S7?

Zarathustra[H]

Extremely [H]
Hey all,

So I picked up an unlocked international version of the Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F). I specifically picked it up for its unlocked bootloader, so I could put an aftermarket ROM on it.

I got it for my future mother-in-law. I was thinking I'd throw LineageOS on there for her, but now that I have it installed, I'm finding it a little bit lacking.

Most notably, trying to format the simcard as internal storage fails, and if using it as external storage, I can't seem to get it to store photos and videos to the simcard. This is a deal breaker as she is an epic picture taker and would fill the internal storage in no time.

Can you guys recommend some other roms I should try? I'd prefer ones with:

- Active development
- Frequent OTA security updates
- Lightweight / debloated
- Must be able to somehow use SDCard for photos/videos.

As much as it pains me, maybe I am just better off restoring the stock ROM and having her use that?

Appreciate any suggestions.

For the basic user the stock rom is the best. Look for a custom Kernel for better battery life/performance...

The stock ROM isn't so bad especially if you aren't a heavy user.

I only really use my phone for calls and texts and the stock ROM on the note4 is "good enough" for me.

Plus, if anything screws up on a phone with a non-stock ROM, you'll be doing a lot of 2nd guessing if the problem is ROM related or not..

i would probably try to format the SD card instead of the SIM card.

Back