Best Remote PC Access software for family members?

guavaball

Extremely [H]
Please for the love of God help me.

I have some family members who just don't get computers.

I need to be able to take theirs over asap but most importantly, they need to be able to fire it off easily so I can take over.

gotomypc?

stupidfamilymembers.com?

dameware or remote admin? both have secure password setups, just need ports open on there router if there is one.
Dont forget to save them a favorite for whatismyip.com !

TeamViewer. They download it from the site, open it, and give you a couple of numbers. They can watch what you're doing as well, so they can see how you're doing something.

A thread in the networking and security forum that I started...it has a long list of remote support software
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1032178892#post1032178892

Quick and dirty and easy....teamviewer.com or https://join.me/ or showmypc.com.

With todays web based apps, it's sooooo much easier for both sides than old school programs like vnc or remote desktop. Screw worrying about your remote users IP address or dyndns service, screw dealing with port forwarding and routers and NAT and software firewalls...just a click, a session ID number, and you're in. Wow..easy huh?

For the occasional here is how you do X, remote assistance, worked great on Xp and Vista. Have not tried it yet with Win7.

I put logmein on all of the PC's of family members who constantly called me for support. Was the best thing I ever did. Now they just e-mail me, tell me whats wrong and i log in and fix it myself on my time instead of spending 30 minutes trying to explain to my grandmother for the 11th time what right click means

Didnt you guys notice this thread was started like 3 years ago? Thread resurrection is not appreciated at any forum...

I just use teamviewer to work on my parents computer without having to drive the 45 minutes to their house. In fact I am so lazy I put it on my wifes computer as well.

Back