Best power supply?

Le037

Limp Gawd
What's the best out of these 3?

-Corsair 1000hx 1000w
-Enermax Galaxy 1000w
-Enermax Revolution 1050w

I wanna buy the best modular power supply you can get. It's important too that it has long cables.

Dunno man I have a pc power and cooling 750w and the cpu cable isnt even long enough to go through the back of my case. Besides, I have a small case and the cable mess gets really annoying.

Anyways back to the original question, you cant go wrong with the Corsair, the cables are very long and perfectly set up for high end setups. I've heard good things about the Enermax too, not sure which is "better" per se but the Corsair is damn good.

I would narrow it down to the Cosair 1000hx or the Enermax Revolution. One thing you may want to consider is support if necessary and if you have a preference on which company you want to deal with. Taking that into account I would choose the Corsair.

Tark

Yeah the corsair tempts me but am scared. Read in newegg many are defective lately.

Yeah the corsair tempts me but am scared. Read in newegg many are defective lately.
I wouldn't worry about its reliability. It's a very well-built PSU. If you're really anxious though, just go with the Enermax Revolution. It's a better PSU anyway.

Enermax Revolution 1050w.
Corsair HX1000.
Then the Galaxy.

The only problem with the revolution is the price. The Corsair is ~$100 less.

We actually have a pretty low failure rate on the HX1000, but if you buy one and have any problems feel free to PM me here, and I'll take care of it for you.

The only problem with the Antec Signature is that it is the most unmodular, modular psu I've seen, if that makes sense. How many fixed cables does it come with?

JohnleMVP wrote:

The only problem with the Antec Signature is that it is the most unmodular, modular psu I've seen, if that makes sense. How many fixed cables does it come with?

It is true the Antec Signature 850 is not totally modular. It does offer some cable use choice to reduce the cable clutter and it still has very impressive test results.

Antec Signature Series, why? because it's made by Delta Electronics.
nuff said

I'd take the corsair over the signature series because of the massive single 12v rail. The signature has 4 12v rails which isnt very efficient. I guess they make it easy for you but for 250 vs 130 for the corsair tx850 is a no brainer in my opinion. I dont really care about modular non modular. I always find a place to hide my cables.

Does the revolution have cables as long as the Corsair? Which one has the longest cables?

Corsair is very good. NEAR the best i would say.... Enermax USED to be the best in the business back in the day right alongside antec (athlon xp pentium 4 ht days), but their quality these days is questionable. They release a really good product, and then one that's not up to par. Makes you go "hmmmmm". I've had 4 enermax psu's in previous builds but I don't think I will buy from them anymore. The thing I like about the corsair PSU's is that you get what you expect, and slightly more than what you paid for.... BUT, from what I've heard and read, the revolution is very nice. It's between the two.

We actually have a pretty low failure rate on the HX1000, but if you buy one and have any problems feel free to PM me here, and I'll take care of it for you.

Thx man.

So hard to choose between the two hmmm...

Btw it's kinda dumb the corsair logo gets seen upside-down if you mount the PSU on the bottom.

Btw it's kinda dumb the corsair logo gets seen upside-down if you mount the PSU on the bottom.
That depends on the orientation of the PSU. If you have a case with a PSU vent at the bottom, you can mount it with the fan downwards so that the logo will be in the proper orientation.

That depends on the orientation of the PSU. If you have a case with a PSU vent at the bottom, you can mount it with the fan downwards so that the logo will be in the proper orientation.

True.

In my opinion, Enermax Revolution is the best, but Corsair has the lower price and better warranty/service. I mean you got a Corsair rep willing to handle any problems for you. Cant get better than that.

I upgraded to a GTX 295 + a Zalman 9700 and thought I'd need more power than my Corsair HX620 could deliver. I bought an Enermax Revolution 1050, but it was noisy and ran hot so I returned it. I re-installed my 620 and it seems to be handling my system just fine. I'm concerned it won't hold up over the long haul, tho. If/when I get another PSU it'll definitely be the Corsair HX1000.

I upgraded to a GTX 295 + a Zalman 9700 and thought I'd need more power than my Corsair HX620 could deliver. I bought an Enermax Revolution 1050, but it was noisy and ran hot so I returned it. I re-installed my 620 and it seems to be handling my system just fine. I'm concerned it won't hold up over the long haul, tho. If/when I get another PSU it'll definitely be the Corsair HX1000.
You are probly pulling a max of about 40W from the wall when gaming, assuming ON OC'ing, The HX620W is a "quiet server grade" PSU rated at 50C,
so you shouldn't have any problems, but if you do, Redbeard & his associates are always read to help.

Best Wishes,
Dave:)

Thanks for the reassurance! I'd like to get by with my one year old HX620 for at least another two years. :)

Back