• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best Mouse Pad?

Toad21

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 29, 2004
Messages
445
I recently obtained an MX1000 mouse and loving the shit out of it. I am moving back to campus in a few weeks however and am in need of a good mouse pad Primarily for gaming. My desk is warped where the mouse is and I dont want to lose any precision.

So what is the best gaming mouse pad? I think I would prefer a smooth surface not cloth because I get a perfect amount of resistance due to my mouse being heavy.

Any input appreciated.
 
"best" is very subjective... but I am really really happy with my new mousepad. It's anodized aluminum and will last forever.. it is also smooth as glass but has a microscopic texture that helps the mouse track.

here is some pics of my Banshee Pad:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=926701
 
I did extensive research, and the Steel Pad S&S is the best for gaming, period. $35 on newegg, but it is the best you can get. I also have the func 1030 limited edition MBA, and not even that matches the Steel. Most pro gaming teams use this pad too.
 
rondocap said:
I did extensive research, and the Steel Pad S&S is the best for gaming, period. $35 on newegg, but it is the best you can get. I also have the func 1030 limited edition MBA, and not even that matches the Steel. Most pro gaming teams use this pad too.
So by extensive research you mean reading some half-assed reviews done by people who are in essence being paid to say nice things about X pad? :rolleyes:
I'm happy with my eXactmat. Same surfaces as the fUnc, but since it's got an aluminum core it survives LAN abuse better.
 
I enjoy my glass corepad + teflon tape on the mouse. Safety glass so in case it breaks it won't form into jagged pieces. Bought cheap from someone here. The only issue is that it occasionally slides from it's backing piece. I should probably get some of those little rubber feet for it.
 
Personally, I don't use a mousepad with my MX1000. There's no need. The thing tracks perfectly on almost any surface.

Just get some teflon tape for the mouse's contact pads.
 
Vertigo Acid said:
So by extensive research you mean reading some half-assed reviews done by people who are in essence being paid to say nice things about X pad? :rolleyes:
I'm happy with my eXactmat. Same surfaces as the fUnc, but since it's got an aluminum core it survives LAN abuse better.

No. I tried them all myself before I decided on what to use.

func MBA has an aluminum base too.
 
Back
Top