best (most sturdy/durable) keyboard for gaming?

t-readyroc

Gawd
I just tried a search, & there was "a problem w/the database," so I'm posting a new thread.... so there :p

Anyhow, I've gone thru 4 keyboards in the last 2 yrs. They all seem to wear out pretty quickly (I'm a league gamer... multiple nites/wk). SO.... I'm looking for your suggestions/experiences for a good, solid keyboard for my next one.

Finally, yes, I know about the Nostromo's... they're just not for me.

I recomend the Logitech Elite. I use both it and the wireless Elite and love both to death.

I have i the Elite duo and theyre really amazing for gaming. People say that they dont use wireless because of delay but in reality there is no noticable delay plus the freedom without the cord more than makes up for any delay there may be.

Nothing beats good old fashioned mechanical keyboards. I game everyday and I've yet to have had one fail on me or show the signs of wear that a membrane keyboard does.

Theres a shop not far from me that sells Dell mechanical keyboards from corporate machines. She has hundreds of them and sells them for like 5$. Also Compaq server keyboards from about 3 years ago are nice. They are NMB OEM parts.

Theres also a company called NMB who makes the affore mentioned NMB keyboards. They make mechanical and membrane keyboards. Both types are excellent. And they are in fact the only manufacturer that STILL makes mechanical keyboards.

The IBM Activeresponse keyboards are nice. I've got a few at work and I beat the crap out of one and it still keeps on working.

I personally think that Logitech makes some of the best mice you can buy, but their keyboards are flimsy and not the best. Although their wireless ones are pretty decent.

I used 'generic' memorex keyboards (TS1000) until recently when I purchased an ortek ergo keyboard. Honestly I love this new keyboard...I'm not sure whether I type faster or not with it yet as I'm still getting used to it a little, but for gaming it's pretty sweet. I play primarily mmorpg's though, but the key positioning is awesome. I never thought an ergo would be this good for gaming.

Wow... well after an hour of exhausting Google, I'm thinking that it'd be a bit tough to come by an NMB mechanical keyboard these days... or any mechanical keyboard for that matter. Heh... EBay only had 4 listings :eek:

I guess I'll give the Active Response a try, cuz the one's I've been wearing out have been Logitech's.

Logitech makes very durable keyboards, but, the all-time champ is those old IBM keyboards that turn murky yellow after years of use and make a distinct click sound with each key press.

ibm-1392595-f7.jpg

Hehe... yep versello, I think we've even got some of those laying around here somehwere. Oh, & FYI: mechanical = the "clicky" kind ;)

What would be ideal would be a PS/2 mechanical keyboard with the "Windows" keys on it...

Nothing beats the old IBM mechanical keyboards. Great feedback when typing, and the steel backplate and heavy frame make them impossible to break. IBM made typewriters for the most demanding business customers before they started making home PCs, and you can really tell when you look at those old keyboards.

It's not a keyboard but I recently got a Belkin Nostromo N52 Speedpad that is basically a keyboard replacement for games. The keys are a bit tough to press compared to my Logitech keyboard but it makes up for that with programibility.

Back