cageymaru

Fully [H]
I looked for the old thread, but I failed. If someone can find it please do so and I'll close this one.

Anyway Asus posted this cool video card graphic on their Twitter feed today. Here is the link to the post. So I was thinking you know it would be awesome to post some of the best looking video cards from way back when this was prevalent in the industry. Some of those ATi cards had a ton of bling on them.

CdL2lkZXEAA2dAT.jpg:large

I was always a fan of Albatron and their use of blue in almost everything. It was different from what other manufacturers were doing at the time. They also had neat coolers, with a sleek and clean functional look that I like.

While BFG Tech didn't do a lot of custom coolers, the graphics they used in their branding was pretty badass. I'm partial to the 8800 GTX, myself, as I had a pair of these in my first SLI PC.
11758703864l6otAnKB2_1_7_l.jpg

Gainward has also had some pretty badass looking video cards with their use of red in the various iteration of the PowerPack lineup. The 6800GT was particularly neat, with LED fans that would light up red when powered on, making the red aluminum shroud all the more striking.
FrontB.jpg

My all time favorite, though, is something more recent. And that is the Galaxy/Galax HOF edition.
1376280388OaKRudmCMk_1_7_l.jpg

That white PCB :love:.
1376280388OaKRudmCMk_1_11_l.jpg

My buddy almost bought a Galaxy white PCB card. But at the last second he decided to get an EVGA. A few days later Kyle was writing their epitaph. It is very nice to see that they made somewhat of a comeback though.

Galax HOF makes some sweet looking cards imo. This is their 980Ti.

Attachments

• GALAX-GeForce-GTX-980-Ti-HOF-EX-WC_2.jpg
    GALAX-GeForce-GTX-980-Ti-HOF-EX-WC_2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
BFG had some good logos on their products back in the day

I like how the geforce 6800gt looked too, dat mermaid.

I always thought AMD went backwards with the 7k series. The 6k series looked great.
hd-6970-1-l.jpg

Can't see the second pic. I can see the 8800GT with a SICK dragon on it!

and this looks great too...
nV28EqO.jpg
EVGA did do an excellent job with the new agnostic shroud design. Makes me want to get a new case so I can stick the hybrid cooler on my Titan X. Too bad it's never in stock (at least when I check)...

The shroud is in stock right now on their website, but the standalone hybrid cooler is never in stock when I check. And I think any new coolers that are shipping come with the new shroud, anyway.

nyvZAMz.jpg

Oh baby, what you do to me.

Ize1574.jpg

The most powerful card without unified shaders, the X1950XTX.

0ogPNrG.jpg

So sleek. So thin. They don't make 'em like the 8800GT anymore.

I always wanted this card, the HIS ICEQ cards looked pretty cool back in the day
his-radeon-x1900-xtx-iceq-3.jpg

Pic of my XFX 7970 BE the day I got it. Best looking card imo.
I had that exact same card till i had to rma it lol....I see all the prints on the desk lol you were building a plant somewhere?

I always liked the look of the gainward video cards (they put the fans underneath instead of sitting on top which gave them a cleaner look)

108c.jpg

My current favorite is the ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme
12771749_10153413157451056_7308588008994542676_o.jpg

Last edited:
In my mind, NOTHING beats the Nvidia 690. Not even the later cards with similar designs.

GeForce_GTX_690_3qtr.jpg

Pic of my XFX 7970 BE the day I got it. Best looking card imo.

I just sold 2 of these after a few years of service, they really are nice looking cards. I only wish they had the led labeling on them like the 200 series ones. I think i like the titan 980 ti, 980 etc reference coolers the best.

Going old school - 1st graphics card I ever bought. Was a thing of beauty back then... Damn, but we've come a long way!
Trident_TVGA8900D-R_1Mb_16-Bit_15-Pin_D-Sub_ISA_Video_Graphic_Adapter.jpg

I like the simple aesthetics of certain cards. The 9800GX2, the Radeon HD 7970 reference design, the HD 5970 reference design, and the TITAN / TITAN X etc. all look fantastic to me. That EVGA GTX Hybrid a few posts up is also great to look at.

Chaintech Apogee FX5800
Chaintech%20Apogee-fx811_zpsrcq4vcvy.jpg

Abit Siluro Geforce ti4200 OTES - one if not the first card(s) with a rear exhaust system.
IMG_1586_zpstxiojiut.jpg

Asus 6800GT dually
dual_6800gt_2_zps64wdndze.jpg

Last edited:
Back