Best LGA775 Air Cooler that uses stock mounting?

bholstege

[H]ard|Gawd
What is the best LGA775 cooler that uses the pushpins, or has a mounting system that does not require mobo removal? I'm thinking Freezer 7 Pro, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't a better one.

Not possible to go with a mounting bracket system? The standard intel push pin system is so bad :(

Not possible to go with a mounting bracket system? The standard intel push pin system is so bad :(

Yeah, I'm not very keen on removing my motherboard.

Thanks for the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 suggestion guys, I'm looking into it and it seems really good.

Yeah, I'm not very keen on removing my motherboard.

Thanks for the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 suggestion guys, I'm looking into it and it seems really good.

Most of the time I have to take the motherboard out anyway just to make sure the pushpins get securely fastened.

I'm impressed with how light the Xig S1283 actually is (600g). Being only 50g above the max HS weight for ATX boards using the push pin mechanism still puts you in a safe spot as long as you don't handle the case too roughly :p

I don't trust those push-pins one bit. Especially with a heavier tower-style cooler.

Like kirbyjr said you still should take the mobo out to make sure they are pushed through all the way and locked securely in place. If one pops off oh lawdy!

The thermaltake v1 uses push pin.
But i've had one and didn't really think it cooled that well.

Back