Best Keyboard Ever...

this has been posted b4, too lazy to search for the thread..

but yeah mouth watering keyboard, but bet its lotsa $$$$$
 
i would consider it if i ever looked at my keyboard...

my friend came over the other day, who is one of my only friends who looks at the keyboard to type, and hes like "yo, some of your keys are faded" and im like "really? never knew that" I looked at it and it was all the keys i used the most :cool: wasd are most faded and then E

you know im a FPS gamer :p
 
holy shit! can that thing be bought? Because I want to do just that!
 
yep... been posted like 40000000000000000000000000 times already.

had a poll asking how much people would pay and everything too. Vast flame wars from people saying anything over 30bucks is too much for a keyboard

...jeeebus already.
 
This has been posted a zillion times....In fact I am one of the original posters...
 
I was the second person to post this (first person to post it in general hardware). I am ashamed to have posted it in the first place because it contributed to the 1,001 threads that have been created about this dumb thing. :eek:
 
I read somewhere else that this keyboard is going into production and will be available sometime in the year late 2006 / 7
 
What I'd like to know is how serviceable that keyboard is. How would it respond to
a 16oz drink spilled on it?
Would it be easy to diassemble & clean with no ill effects? Or is it pretty much disposable
like 90% of the other keyboards these days?
 
I just hate modern keyboards.

I'd been intending to buy a late 80's IBM Model M, when one practically fell in my lap the other day. It's absolutely wonderful.

As for the Optimus keyboard, I'm not shelling out $200+ for a gimmick like that.
 
Keyboard.JPG


i made one myself long time ago :) all u need is sand paper. its a good anti-newbie tool
 
Interviews were done with the author. Expect at least 200-300USD.

Frankly. If its got a great feel, and wonderful key feedback. Its gonna sell. First and foremost, it has to be comfy, they're gonna use polycarb over the OLED keys as noted in various interviews.

Personally, there's 3 things I hate to scrimp on. Keyboards, Mice, and Monitors. All the other components can be uber fast, or shitty slow. Those 3 require your constant physical attention, and they have to be comfy, and in the case of monitors, easy on my eyes. Thats why till god blows up by Sony Trinitron F400, it'll stay on my desktop till its dead, and then I'll replace it with another CRT. Because LCD monitors bug me to death.

Regardless, I spent $200 on a keyboard once, and that was 15+ years ago. Northgate made the programmable keyboards and they had a side car keyboard that was or like quick macro functions and that sorta stuff. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING has the feel of those keys. When you hit em, you FELT the reaction and the feedback, and it was excellent. None of this pansy soft touch stuff, I mean it was like CLICK BANG you knew when you pressed a key. They are still available in some places, and they are still the single best keyboard ever produced up to this point.

If this thing is comfy, and is as configurable as it is looking like in the talks and FAQ, I'll buy it w/o second guessing it. I type more than anything else, and the keyboard is so much a vital part of performance computing. If all you've ever used is the keyboards you get with your PC's, you truly don't understand what the difference can be when you step up to something that you spend the money for.

And granted, they are going to patent this design, and the concept behind it, but that doesn't mean that it won't be reproduced by other companies. Changing small things can circumvent patenting issues. If these sell as well as I think a $300 keyboard could sell, then its going to be undercut by the big guys, and then its going to be a competition issue and prices will go down in due time. They say OEM, but thats not what most of the others will want. They'd prefer to make it themselves, sell it for less, and rip a hole in that companies ship.
 
Wow... I honestly thought it was a joke. If I had the spare cash Id definatley buy this. I never look at my keyboard either but... If i had that bad boy I wouldnt be able to take my eyes off it. That quake setup looked really cool too, Im wondering if you can create your own icons for the buttons. That would be amazing.
 
Considering I'm on my 5th keyboard in 2 1/2 years, I don't think I'll be spending 200 bucks on a keyboard.

I'm the type of person that bashes in the keyboard when the coimputer doesn't work :)
 
Back
Top