Best IPS LCDs?

Dell doesn't use aggressive anti-glare. Dell just uses whatever comes with the LCD module. LG S-IPS panels have an aggressive coating. Samsung S-PVA panels have a mild coating.
The screen coating is specified by the monitor maker...not the lcd panel manufacturer. Some even have their little pet marketing names such as Acer's "Crystalbrite" or NEC's "Opticlear" etc..

Then how do you explain the gloss on the NEC 20"?

EDIT: Do the Apple displays have the same coating? I didnt notice it on my friends 20"WS but it has been some time since I used it.
Every monitor I've tried with an LG S-IPS panel that doesn't have a glossy coating has an aggressive coating. The Apple displays have the same aggressive coating. LG H-IPS panels come with a mild coating.

Every monitor I've tried with an S-PVA panel that doesn't have a glossy coating has a mild coating. Has anyone complained about the coating on the Dell 2407WFP?

As far as I know, the coating is part of the polarizer which is part of the LCD module. The polarizer can be replaced with a glossy one.

If no one has I will - I dislike the anti-glare coating on the 2407 :p makes everything, and especially whites, look crystally/grainy/dirty.

I dont mind anti-glare, since i sit with a window behind me.

those bog-standard TN panels had pretty bad glare compared to my s-ips 2007wfp.

Anyone know what the largest IPS panel available is?

LG-Philllips makes IPS up tp 47 inches or so. Hitachi also makes some large ones too.

Ok, maybe I need to rephrase my question. :)

What are the best S-IPS LCDs in the 19"-24" range?

Thanks.

Dell 2007, NEC 20wmgx2, NEC 2490, to name a few. The Planar 26" and Dell 30" are also IPS-based.

Few more.

NEC
LCD1990FX-BK
LCD1990SXi

LCD2070NX
LCD2090UXi

LCD2190UXi

LCD2690WUXi-BK

There are 90 series that use both PVA and IPS. For the most part they are identified with either an "i" or a "p" at the end of the part number. With some exceptions.

As for they 70 series they use TN, PVA, MVA, and IPS depending on the model. Only IPS at the moment is the 2070NX

Few more.

NEC
LCD1990FX-BK
LCD1990SXi

LCD2070NX
LCD2090UXi

LCD2190UXi

LCD2690WUXi-BK

Super helpful. Is there noticable ghosting in gaming? I suppose that is my only question about those monitors. Thanks.

Back