Best Image Quality IPS 32-39 inch TV FULL HD

cerbul

Limp Gawd
Hi,
I am looking for a TV that has the best possible image quality and that also has the following characteristics:
- FULL HD 1920x1080
- IPS
- 32-37 inch models only
- not only best quality image but also needs to not have problems with blurring.

I am trying to restrict the list so that I make sure I won't be told to buy an OLED or a bigger TV. I am aware that there are screens that are much better in the 40-65 inch range, but I intend to keep the price low since I do not need a bigger screen.

Last edited:
There's 39" TVs out there now, but, to my knowledge they're using *VA panels.

I mean 37 inch TV.

The reason I included 37 inch tv is that maybe there is one model that has some technology that makes the image quality better.

The LG 32LN5300 comes to mind. The PC label input label trick might be required to get the most out of it.

The LG 32LN5300 comes to mind. The PC label input label trick might be required to get the most out of it.

I was actually contemplating posting a similar thread to ask specifically if the LN5300 series was still the gold standard in smaller HDTVS for PC monitor use. It's nearly a year old now. Is there anything better in the 32-40" inch range for price/performance?

Funny. I went to Fry's Electronics last night because I was thinking about getting this exact model for a PC monitor due to price and reviews. I was very unimpressed by the quality. All the TV's had the Pixar movie "Up" playing and I could see the pixels (screen door effect). Compared to a Sony 32W650A that was sitting next to it the difference was very clear (no pun intended). Of course, the Sony was an extra $200 though.

The sony is an interesting model for sure. How were the viewing angles on it? Was the screen surface glossy?

The sony is an interesting model for sure. How were the viewing angles on it? Was the screen surface glossy?

It has some gloss to it but it's not overkill like a plasma. Viewing angles were good. I could instantly tell the difference between the two TV's when I was standing in front of the LG and turning my head towards the Sony. The difference was remarkable. I just don't know if I want to spend nearly twice as much for it. You get what you pay for, I guess.

There is already a ton of research done on the LG 5300 series of TV's.

The 42" does have a S-IPS panel and it's also very low latency. It also has a very thin bezel. I have 3 x 39" 5300's and they look amazing.

The review that's up a AV Forums is mine, I started it maybe a year ago. You really should read it.

You absolutely cannot judge a demo TV. The LG 5300 has a default "store mode" where the image is all kinda jacked up in your home.

Check out the thread - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1466061/2013-lg-ln5300-led-hdtv-review

Not only have a ton of people supplied a lot of in-depth information on these sets, but calibration settings as well. The 39" is only 20lbs without base and is slightly larger than a 30" PC display. The 39" looks like it's just a larger PC monitor and certainly has the same DNA as LG's PC displays.

Is there a possibility it's just the 32 inch model that sucks? I see great things about the 39/42 in that thread, but there is a lot of people who are not convinced each set comes with an IPS panel.

I just have a hard time believing that being able to see the pixels was the result of a mode it was in. I guess I'll buy one and test it out and return it if it doesn't work out. Is Amazon good about TV returns?

Just an update, I went to Best Buy to look at the LG TV and it was a night and day difference over Fry's Electronics one. I'm picking it up as soon as I can dump my Dell U2412M's.

Finally got the LG 32LN5300 tonight at Best Buy for $275. I won't game on it until tomorrow most likely. It looks okay. The text takes a bit to get used to on it. Imagine reading text without anti-aliasing, even though it is turned on. Other than that, I think the panel is okay. I don't have any dead pixels.

TC-L37DT30 FTW. It's the TV I use, and it's *very* nice.

Back