'Best' GPGPU video transcoder?

jeremyshaw

[H]F Junkie
Hello,

I have been using Badaboom for a while now, but it's kinda limited. It only supports 1GPU, so my 9800GX2 is kinda "half" of what it might be able to do.
Since my CPU(E6320) isn't really much of a performer, I wanted to see what else was out there (AMD card solutions can apply, too, as I have an AMD card).

I also heard Badaboom had video quality issues, from this forum, so I went and found a few more:

TMPGenc(http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/te4xp.html#tabs)
Nero (I don't know which)
Cyberlink (I don't know if it even does trancoding?)

I'm adverse to spending too much on this, as I do have badaboom already, but I am definately looking for something better.

I'm looking for a fast DVD-xbox360 conversion method.

Thank you!
-Jeremy
EDIT: I heard AMD has a video converter built into the CCC, but I cannot find it.

I was looking for the same thing after i got my hd camcorder.

i am really impressed by the MediaShow Expresso. Compared to the adobe encoder, the time reduced from 3 minutes to about 30 seconds converting a 1080p clip. I cant tell any quality difference.

I am running a ATi 5870 + i7 860 at 3ghz. I believe MediaShow Expresso supports CUDA too.

Choose basic mode for CCC instead of advanced. There you'll find the ATI AVIVO transcoder. Took me a while to find it too. Stupid place to put it.

Choose basic mode for CCC instead of advanced. There you'll find the ATI AVIVO transcoder. Took me a while to find it too. Stupid place to put it.

Thank you very much, it took me a long time to find it, with your help.

Somebody else had to tell me about the CCC overclocking lock thingy, too.

Back