Best Gaming Mouse?

I didn't realize there was some super-special configuration needed. I don't follow the pro-gaming stuff so I don't see what the point in using a low sensitivity are.

In my case, I lower it if I'm in an area where some precise sniping is required and I know I'm going to put my character in a static position either crouched or prone. Even at that, I never had any problems doing that with my G5 and I most certainly am not having any problems with my new G9.

I haven't seen it mentioned, but I love my Habu.

Althou the rubber stuff is starting to peel off so it might be time to try a DeathAdder.

One thing I noticed is if I use any other mouse (besides my habu) for a prolonged period of time, it makes my hand hurt.

Good ol' Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. I love it that much that I have two of them. One Steelseries-edition and one regular :D

I have a DeathAdder and I love it!
I'm sure there's a G9 in the mail for me somewhere, but my DeathAdder is going to stay.

I just got my new G9 (for $39 AMIR woot!) and I absolutely love it. Came from a G3. This new G9 is just sick. Love the weight, the fell and everything. The scroll wheel is a bit odd, but I'm already used to it. Best mouse I've owned so far.

Hands down the Boomslang 2007 CE (Collectors Edition)

Theres only 10k being made world wide though, I'm not sure if you can get them anymore though :/

<3 Boomslang

agreed, i love this thing too =X I asked for a lachesis for christmas and when i found these in stock bought 2 ( 1 for me and 1 for a gift). I like switching between mice depending on the game but i dont see myself switching from my BSCE. Best mouse ive ever owned hands down.

after the initial driver problems were fixed I love my habu.

I never had any problems per se with mine. The only thing it would do is when I'd reboot it would lose my config. Nothing that annoying. I know my co-worker can't get his lights to stay off, they come back on when he reboots, but meh.

I just ordered a deathadder I'm hoping for the best as I've never actually seen one up close, I've just read all the nice comments about it. Not the ideal situation when buying a mouse but not much you can do about it when your forced to go online due to shitty australian retailers.

Good ol' Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. I love it that much that I have two of them. One Steelseries-edition and one regular :D

qft, I've used IE 3.0's forever, i went through 3 or 4 of em through constant use.
My last one was on it's last leg, i bought it off a friend several years ago, and i had put together some frankenmice out of my old 3.0's to have a working one.
thank god they rereleased them and kept them the exact same way.

I have a logitech g5 and i absolutely love it, i have the newer one that does have the internet forward button. I could have bought a g9 but it just seemed to pricey for me for a mouse. I only use the mouse at 700dpi, at 2000dpi this thing flies across my screen :p

I just ordered a deathadder I'm hoping for the best as I've never actually seen one up close, I've just read all the nice comments about it. Not the ideal situation when buying a mouse but not much you can do about it when your forced to go online due to shitty australian retailers.

Took me a couple weeks to get used to the feel the the Adder. But after that I have been nothing but pleased...

Ply

How does the Lachesis compare to the Copperhead in terms of hand feel? My copperhead is on its way out (left mouse button registering too many clicks), and I need a replacement. I'm torn between:

1) Another copperhead
2) A Lachesis
3) A Boomslang

1 has the advantage of familiarity, 2 has better specs, but I'm on the fence about the comfort, and 3 has (slightly) worse specs than the copperhead, but I have very fond memories of my original Boomslang (the Ball version /w 2000 DPI).

I haven't seen it mentioned, but I love my Habu.

Althou the rubber stuff is starting to peel off so it might be time to try a DeathAdder.

One thing I noticed is if I use any other mouse (besides my habu) for a prolonged period of time, it makes my hand hurt.

Careful on the Deathadder. I finally bought one after years of using a $10 mouse. While the mouse is nice, I really don't like how the scroll wheel is rubbing against something. I'm not sure if I just got a bad mouse or what, but be careful.

EDIT: The rubbing is making an annoying rubbing sound like nails on a chalk board.

Careful on the Deathadder. I finally bought one after years of using a $10 mouse. While the mouse is nice, I really don't like how the scroll wheel is rubbing against something. I'm not sure if I just got a bad mouse or what, but be careful.

EDIT: The rubbing is making an annoying rubbing sound like nails on a chalk board.

Known flaw on some earlier Deathadders. A little machine oil will fix the problem. Very easy to do...

Ply

I hated the G9. I didnt like the feel of it even though it came two shells. It was to small and fat. Didnt fit nicely in my hands.

However, i did like the Deathadder. Its nice and has a nice smooth surface. Really love the shape of the buttons and the placement.

I have used the MX518 for 2 years and really loved the on the fly sensitivy. But i never looked back once i started using the Deathadder.

How does the Lachesis compare to the Copperhead in terms of hand feel? My copperhead is on its way out (left mouse button registering too many clicks), and I need a replacement. I'm torn between:

1) Another copperhead
2) A Lachesis
3) A Boomslang

1 has the advantage of familiarity, 2 has better specs, but I'm on the fence about the comfort, and 3 has (slightly) worse specs than the copperhead, but I have very fond memories of my original Boomslang (the Ball version /w 2000 DPI).

FWIW, the new Boomslang 2007 CE is a great mouse. The DPI 'loss' compared to the other mice is really not noticeable, and it's a superior sensor, anyway (infrared tracks WAY smoother than laser).

The feel is...well, it's perfect. It feels EXACTLY like the old-school Boomslangs, only you don't have to clean a *^%^&%$ mouse ball well every SINGLE day before you start using it for any real gaming.

I cant stand wireless mouse because i can feel the stutter even the slight ones.. hmm maybe its because i live on campus and there are a shitload of different frequencies around. The G5 is my fav, the old version with the rubber feel and not the new one with the cheap plastic feel.

FWIW, the new Boomslang 2007 CE is a great mouse. The DPI 'loss' compared to the other mice is really not noticeable, and it's a superior sensor, anyway (infrared tracks WAY smoother than laser).

The feel is...well, it's perfect. It feels EXACTLY like the old-school Boomslangs, only you don't have to clean a *^%^&%$ mouse ball well every SINGLE day before you start using it for any real gaming.

That's good to hear. Unfortunately, I already bought my replacement mouse, another Copperhead. (Seeing as it was in stock for a reasonable price at my local computer store, and I was getting sick of the random double-clicks...)

And I don't have it in my budget to pick up both.

And my local computer store charges a 15% restocking fee.

I hated the G5, but I love the MX518. Almost all my problems were caused by the tilt wheel. The wheel was useless as a button since I kept accidentally tilting the wheel. This wouldn't have been too much of a problem since I usually could disable tilt functions, but the 'button' was finicky and sometimes would not work when pressed. Secondly, vertical scrolling was inaccurate: sometimes one 'notch' of the wheel would scroll twice or not at all. My MX518 occasionally did this, but not nearly as often. I might have had a defective mouse, but I'm thinking that the added complexity of the tilt wheel results in sacrifices over a traditional scroll wheel.

I also missed my second thumb button.

So for me, the perfect mouse is the MX518. I hope Logitech doesn't discontinue it; I don't want to be forced to have a tilt wheel if I need to replace my mouse!

The new Steelseries Ikari is getting some uber reviews - and all the settings are self-contained! No more bloated drivers!!!

I'm not seeing them in stock anywhere but I'll definitely give one a try once they become available.

Back