Best Gaming Laptop for under $1200

alphaqforever247

[H]ard|Gawd
Friend wants to buy a gaming laptop but doesnt want to spend more then 1200 what is the best he can get?

If he's playing Facebook games then any laptop with a single core Pentium 4 Mobile and 2gb ram. He will probably need a 10gb hard drive for XP or maybe 20gb tops for Vista or Windows 7.

The best gaming laptop for Half-Life would probably be something with 16mb vram or if he likes high resolutions then maybe 32mb.

See where I'm going with this? You provided 0 relevant info on your friends needs or wants and 0 info on even the kind of games he would like to play so until you can provide that info to us, see the first 2 paragraphs.

Not if he placed a price tag on it, you can figure out a great gaming laptop for $1200. But I think this question is better asked in the mobile section.

he mainly plays fps and rts games he would like to play bf3 in decent settings. hes coming from a skt 939 desk top.

560M will play BF3, not super well though...probably just tolerable FPS at medium to high-ish settings I'd think. It's a laptop card after all... you'd have to spend more to get a really high-end laptop card.

560M will play BF3, not super well though...probably just tolerable FPS at medium to high-ish settings I'd think. It's a laptop card after all... you'd have to spend more to get a really high-end laptop card.

iirc, it's like a GTX550 desktop card? Or was is closer to a GTS450?

Back