• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best Gaming Case for 80 ?

brahim

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
410
I have 80 dollars right now and im just wondering what would be the best case that i can get for that price.
 
define what makes a case a 'gaming' case.

and the above case is 79+19 shipping so it's 98... just about 25% over budget for the OP
 
IM pretty sure knowing this guys that, that case doesnt have enough Leds's he needs something super flashy. So do him a favor and find performance plus flash. Cuz i dont think that cooler master is gonna cut it.
 
IM pretty sure knowing this guys that, that case doesnt have enough Leds's he needs something super flashy. So do him a favor and find performance plus flash. Cuz i dont think that cooler master is gonna cut it.

Couldnt have said it better akram
 
LEDS suck. once u go UV u don't go back. though u could certainly do both. thats gaudy as hell. but thats what u want right? just buy some cheap used lian li off the forums pc60 or watever and mod it urself.
 
You all just gonna spit out a bunch of crap or actually gonna help this guy out?
That Coolermaster case was $50 yesterday, went up in price.

To the OP, we need more info, theres no such thing as a "Gaming Case", you need to let us know what you want to do with it, what your gonna put into it, and also what features your looking for otherwise we cant help you, theres thousands of cases out there we cant just pick out a single case for you without more information!

Without knowing anything about what you want I will suggest you look at the Coolermaster Centurion cases. the Centurion 5 is an awsome case for the money, but sense i dont know anything about what your looking for it may not be for you!
 
I'd be willing to part with a very slightly used Antec 900 Gaming case for $80. PM me if you're interested.

Josh
 
I dig the rc-690 as well. I've heard decent things about it. :)

Are you sure that you want a ton of LEDs, which would make a "gamer" case? All that flashy shit gets old after a while I think. I have all my cold cathodes and shit on fan controllers so I can turn them off.

And are you talking 80 shipped or 80 before S&H?
 
I dig the rc-690 as well. I've heard decent things about it. :)

Are you sure that you want a ton of LEDs, which would make a "gamer" case? All that flashy shit gets old after a while I think. I have all my cold cathodes and shit on fan controllers so I can turn them off.

And are you talking 80 shipped or 80 before S&H?

$80 plus S&H. I paid $149 for it.
 
Won't be disappointed with the 900, its one of 2 or 3 cases I would reccomend under $100. Great air flow, a bit cramped so it can get ugly but it works well for $80-100.
 
the cooler master rc-690

Bought one of theses recently. Great case, but it came with no screws!? Yes its a screw less design, but how am i supposed to mount the motherboard. I bet mine was a mistake, but who knows, luckily i had plenty of screws from past builds.
 
Bought one of theses recently. Great case, but it came with no screws!? Yes its a screw less design, but how am i supposed to mount the motherboard. I bet mine was a mistake, but who knows, luckily i had plenty of screws from past builds.
LMAO. Whoops....
 
Bought one of theses recently. Great case, but it came with no screws!? Yes its a screw less design, but how am i supposed to mount the motherboard. I bet mine was a mistake, but who knows, luckily i had plenty of screws from past builds.

HAHA! The screws are all lined up nice and neatly down both sides of the 5.25 drive bays...Open your case...You'll see 'em!
 
The coolermaster case is pretty nice, I haven't looked for a case in a while as I have a really nice case that I love (see sig).

Anyway, that case has dropped in price on newegg again to $59.99 ...that's a steal imo.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119137

the problem with that case is its 80 but im a tight budget now and i only have 65ish for a case

i was thinking about the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811103009 and maybe one of the cool masters which one for my price rang do u think woud be the best
 
You all just gonna spit out a bunch of crap or actually gonna help this guy out?
That Coolermaster case was $50 yesterday, went up in price.

To the OP, we need more info, theres no such thing as a "Gaming Case", you need to let us know what you want to do with it, what your gonna put into it, and also what features your looking for otherwise we cant help you, theres thousands of cases out there we cant just pick out a single case for you without more information!

Without knowing anything about what you want I will suggest you look at the Coolermaster Centurion cases. the Centurion 5 is an awsome case for the money, but sense i dont know anything about what your looking for it may not be for you!

k thanks to ur reply ! I change my mind about that whole led thing i really dont give a shiz i just want a case with good cooling / some decent looks

i was thinking about the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811103009 and maybe one of the cool masters. Which one for my price rang do u think woud be the best.

o and one more qustion which psu should i get the stable xclio 500w or this 700Watt ThermalTake toughpower power supply both would cost me 70 but the thermal is used from someone on craigs list who is selling me a 320 g sata 16 cache for 45 =)

o and one more qustion ABIT Fatality AN9 32X motherboard or tforce 520
 
k thanks to ur reply ! I change my mind about that whole led thing i really dont give a shiz i just want a case with good cooling / some decent looks

i was thinking about the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811103009 and maybe one of the cool masters. Which one for my price rang do u think woud be the best.

o and one more qustion which psu should i get the stable xclio 500w or this 700Watt ThermalTake toughpower power supply both would cost me 70 but the thermal is used from someone on craigs list who is selling me a 320 g sata 16 cache for 45 =)

o and one more qustion ABIT Fatality AN9 32X motherboard or tforce 520

I think if you can trust the seller go with the thermaltake Toughpower. I dont trust Xclio. as for the case I would still go for the Coolermasters, I personally dont like doors, but as for what you like I think it comes down to personal taste on the case. If you like the Xclio case then get it. I dont know how the build quality is on the Xclio cases but I do know the coolermasters are top of the line for there price.
 
I think if you can trust the seller go with the thermaltake Toughpower. I dont trust Xclio. as for the case I would still go for the Coolermasters, I personally dont like doors, but as for what you like I think it comes down to personal taste on the case. If you like the Xclio case then get it. I dont know how the build quality is on the Xclio cases but I do know the coolermasters are top of the line for there price.

Its some guy off craigs list that is trying to sell his rig for 2000 i sent him an email about one of the hard drives he had in it and he was like yeah sure ill sell it for 45 ( 320 g sata 7400rpm wd) Then i sent him another email about his mobo and stuff and hes like yeah i guess ill just part it out. I dont see anything fishy in him . This is his build

AMD 64 X2 4200+ CPU
4GB from (4)four 1GB corsair dominator 800mhz PC-6400 RAM *dual channel because of 2 matched pairs*
ABIT Fatality AN9 32X motherboard
(2)two - Western Digital 320GB SATA 2 7400RPM 16MB cache hard drives
(2)two - XFX GeForce 7900GS PCI-X Graphics cards w/ 256MB DDR3 ram per card
700Watt ThermalTake toughpower power supply
High speed DVD burner
Floppy drive
7.1 channel sound built into the abit fatality motherboard
Tower case with lots of lights

anything else u think i should pick up Instead of this build of newegg.com

BIOSTAR TFORCE TF520-A2 AM2 NVIDIA nForce 520 MCP ATX AMD Motherev

evga 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported HDCP Video Card

XCLIO STABLEPOWER 500W ATX 500W Power Supply - Retail


AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz Socket AM2 Processor

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
 
Its some guy off craigs list that is trying to sell his rig for 2000 i sent him an email about one of the hard drives he had in it and he was like yeah sure ill sell it for 45 ( 320 g sata 7400rpm wd) Then i sent him another email about his mobo and stuff and hes like yeah i guess ill just part it out. I dont see anything fishy in him . This is his build

AMD 64 X2 4200+ CPU
4GB from (4)four 1GB corsair dominator 800mhz PC-6400 RAM *dual channel because of 2 matched pairs*
ABIT Fatality AN9 32X motherboard
(2)two - Western Digital 320GB SATA 2 7400RPM 16MB cache hard drives
(2)two - XFX GeForce 7900GS PCI-X Graphics cards w/ 256MB DDR3 ram per card
700Watt ThermalTake toughpower power supply
High speed DVD burner
Floppy drive
7.1 channel sound built into the abit fatality motherboard
Tower case with lots of lights

anything else u think i should pick up Instead of this build of newegg.com

BIOSTAR TFORCE TF520-A2 AM2 NVIDIA nForce 520 MCP ATX AMD Motherev

evga 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported HDCP Video Card

XCLIO STABLEPOWER 500W ATX 500W Power Supply - Retail


AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz Socket AM2 Processor

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

I'd say head over to jonnyguru.com and research both the xclio and toughpower. Other than the PSU's your build is equal/better than his.
 
Back
Top