Best games for Eyefinity or Surround gaming?

Archaea

[H]F Junkie
So far I think the best game I've seen in Eyefinity is Shadow of Mordor with the app Flawless Widescreen.

http://flawlesswidescreen.org/

FOV is great and everything cuts to only the center screen for pre-rendered cutscenes --- no stretching anywhere! All GUI elements are on the center monitor in gameplay! It works perfectly!
I just started playing Witcher 3 in the last couple weeks, and was hoping for another great Eyefinity experience, but the stretching on the far ends of the outside monitors on Witcher 3 makes it better just to play on a single monitor unfortunately - IMO.

Other great options for Eyefinity are Need for Speed series, Dirt Rally etc. I really enjoyed the Xwing and Tie Fighter flying in Star Wars Battlefront too --- but unfortunately I don't really like the Eyefinity setup for the FPS portions too much even though the FOV stretching isn't bad -- it's just too much information being thrown at me in an FPS type game when my entire peripheral vision is moving so fast (amplified by distance when you turn). Really it's like this in any first person genre.

I've personally found 3rd person games and driving games seem to be the best.

What have you found to be particularly enjoyable with your multi-monitor setups?

-----------------------------------------

I use a pair of Fury X cards and three HP Omen 32" monitors (with Freesync)

Shadow of Morder - 7680x1440
img_1144-jpg.12389

Dirt Rally - 7680x1440

img_1097-jpg.12208

Star Wars Battlefront - 7680x1440

img_1102-jpg.12210

Star Wars Battlefront - 7680x1440
img_20170204_221730056-jpg.16251

Attachments

• IMG_20170204_221730056.jpg
    IMG_20170204_221730056.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 679
Last edited:
Assassin's Creed is pretty good. I only played AC2 on Nvidia 3D Vision Surround, but it was amazing.

Rise of the Tomb Raider was also pretty nice looking in triple screen, though about half way through I switched to single monitor for performance reasons.

I've been using either Eyefinity or Surround since it came out.
IF and that sometimes is a big if, the game is made for XFire or SLi it is much, much more enjoyable.

I play pretty much FPS games and with Flawlesswidescreen most every game I've played has been really nice.
I'm not a fan of third person so much, so I can't comment.

DeusEx (last two and DLC) is awesome.
TombRaider (the last two) as well. Even though it's a third person.
Old school....put up HL2 or any episode.

I dumped it years ago for a larger single 1440p screen and have since moved to 4k. Seemed like fewer and fewer games were supporting it and I was sick of having to spend so much times getting games to work or having to disable it entirely to play other games.

I do miss the emersion of surround though, a single monitor just doesn't compare. If someone jumped in here and said everything supports it now and it just works..... I would toss my 4k and pickup several 1440p monitors tonight lol.

iRacing Sims would be a place that it should still be used, they have a forum. I use to be an Eyefinity HD 7950 /x58 / i 7 - 930 back then racing.

Anyone still using Nvidia Surround or Eyefinity?
Me. While i do not play driving games much any more, cockpit view has the flank screens like car mirrors. Still play a lot of WoW, and that comes in handy when peeps are sneaking up on you

Man I miss my triple monitors. With ultrawide resolutions here I would expect games to support it more often soon, though in practice lately some games don't like the 4k wide 1080 tall displays.

The games I used to play in triple monitor, I now play in VR. My last triple monitor setup, was 3 x 1080p 43" TVs. I now just use a 4k 55" TV, and for flight/racing sim games I use the Valve Index HMD with my trusty trusty G27, and Virpil HOTAS setup. Many racing/flight sim games support it natively, and there is VorpX for the ones that don't.
Eyefinity was awesome and I think it does still have a place especially in racing/flight/space sims.

Using Nvidia surround 7680x1440 , a good one is Sniper Ellite 5 , 4 etc , Forza , Asseto Corsa , Dirt series , Tomb Raider series , any of the above mentioned and almost any game seems to do just fine , DOOM , Farcry series 4/5/6 , Ghost Recxon Wildlands/Brealpoint , Cyberpuck, Subnautica , the list is many . I do find many of the pretty older games do not like the surround . ~ One newer one Doom Eternal , will not do surround at all , but DOOM from 2016 plays surround just fine ....go fiqure .

As soon as I can get my hands on a couple of the new asus 42" oled, I'll be coming back to the party. I play a little bit of everything but MMOs are my favorite and the slower pace and generally lesser graphics always worked well. I'm hoping the 4090 will allow me to find a happy medium of visuals vs performance at triple 4k.

Every once in a while, I run into an old Elder Scrolls Online video I recorded. I think it'll be one of the first games I load up when I get the new monitors! The Elder Scrolls Online - First 30 minutes of gameplay with nvidia surround.

AC: Black Flag is the best surround game out there. Cruising the oceans in your clipper over 3 screens is the bomb.

I played BF3 and BF4 extensively in surround with nvidia and radeon GPUs. Now I just have one 1440p 165hz IPS panel to game on and a 1080p dinky cheap monitor for stats, gauges, etc.

I wonder if Surround and Eyefinity will make a small comeback with next generation due to the expected performance increase and much improved scalers? Seems like a good option in some games to improve the experience. A 4090 has too much performance, ahmmm give it 3 4K monitors to render with and see how well it does :D.

I wonder if Surround and Eyefinity will make a small comeback with next generation due to the expected performance increase and much improved scalers? Seems like a good option in some games to improve the experience. A 4090 has too much performance, ahmmm give it 3 4K monitors to render with and see how well it does :D.
Someone should design, release and manufactor a purpose designed interlocking bezel monitor with no pixel gap.

Extra points for a modern, high refresh, VRR 20/30/20 PLP arrangement. Which is better for gaming, and great for productivity too. Especially now that nvidia and amd support PLP. Why did I like PLP? Because I like the 16x10 aspect ratio of the 30” Dell 3014 as my main monitor, and the side monitors were smaller and in portrait mode so less horizontal resolution — so they didn’t create the far left and far right monitor fisheye goofiness that three identical 16x9 monitors make. Also the UI elements weren’t so far out to the sides with the PLP as they are with typical triple Monitor setup. My setup after this was three 32” HP Omens as in the first post and it was something like 87” side to side, which was just tooooo wide for productivity and seeing game UI elements on far left and right without turning my head.

PLP setup would be triple monitor king with modern monitors with VRR and high refresh.

Last edited:
Someone should design, release and manufactor a purpose designed interlocking bezel monitor with no pixel gap.

Extra points for a modern, high refresh, VRR 20/30/20 PLP arrangement. Which is better for gaming, and great for productivity too. Especially now that nvidia and amd support PLP. Why did I like PLP? Because I like the 16x10 aspect ratio of the 30” Dell 3014 as my main monitor, and the side monitors were smaller and in portrait mode so less horizontal resolution — so they didn’t create the far left and far right monitor fisheye goofiness that three identical 16x9 monitors make. Also the UI elements weren’t so far out to the sides with the PLP as they are with typical triple Monitor setup. My setup after this was three 32” HP Omens as in the first post and it was something like 87” side to side, which was just tooooo wide for productivity and seeing game UI elements on far left and right without turning my head.

PLP setup would be triple monitor king with modern monitors with VRR and high refresh.

I think the 32:9 Superultra Wides and VR have kinda filled the gap. Also Asus released that ROG Bezel-free kit which was kinda cool... But in comparison to a single continuous 32:9 screen... I think multi-monitor gaming would have a very hard time making a come back now.

I think the 32:9 Superultra Wides and VR have kinda filled the gap. Also Asus released that ROG Bezel-free kit which was kinda cool... But in comparison to a single continuous 32:9 screen... I think multi-monitor gaming would have a very hard time making a come back now.
That’s probably true about the 32:9 for gaming, however the 1080 pixel tall one is undesirable for productivity, IMO.

3 separate monitors works much better for IT work productivity and if you could make them bezel less — but still take advantage of windows Snap To functions of multi monitor that’s great too!

My PLP setup had two 1600 x 1200 monitors in portrait so they were 1200 x 1600, and my main monitor was the Dell 3014 that was 2560 x 1600.

All three were 16x10 ratio normally. Gaming resolution was 4960 x 1600 natively (before bezel correction). That extra height was good for productivity and gaming.

But yeah for strict gaming no bezels is surely preferred. PLP leans productivity first with excellent gaming. 32:9 monitors lean gaming first with okay productivity. (Only two snap to screens and both far left and right - not easy to center multiplayer open windows without a lot of mouse work).

Reactions: noko
like this
All are pretty niche, personally I would prefer 3 vice one super wide monitor since I could have my multiple computers hooked up to the monitors giving great versatility at the same time. Plus 3 monitors I can decide to use just one in the center which simplifies some work loads vice moving windows around. 3 monitors may have other issues like a larger difference between them visually vice a single. Pros and Cons. VR while super cool can also be more confining, narrow focus point and much more head movement over eye movement. My favorite is the 21:9 ratio, if only a suitable 5K version would be available with 120hz plus, preferably OLED etc. that would be my first choice. Anyways high resolution, surround/eyefinity gaming with very high to maxed out quality settings maybe possible with the next generation of cards.

That’s probably true about the 32:9 for gaming, however the 1080 pixel tall one is undesirable for productivity, IMO.

3 separate monitors works much better for IT work productivity and if you could make them bezel less — but still take advantage of windows Snap To functions of multi monitor that’s great too!

My PLP setup had two 1600 x 1200 monitors in portrait so they were 1200 x 1600, and my main monitor was the Dell 3014 that was 2560 x 1600.

All three were 16x10 ratio normally. Gaming resolution was 4960 x 1600 natively (before bezel correction). That extra height was good for productivity and gaming.

But yeah for strict gaming no bezels is surely preferred. PLP leans productivity first with excellent gaming. 32:9 monitors lean gaming first with okay productivity. (Only two snap to screens and both far left and right - not easy to center multiplayer open windows without a lot of mouse work).

For work... yeah I lean toward multi-monitor as well. I get more space to work with and with a PLP/LLP, PLLP etc. Just having a portrait display is awesome as you get some serious vertical height when needed.

32:9's and 21:9's are alright imho for work. But they are like having dual screen(32:9 is dual 16:9 and 21:9 is basicly dual 5:4). Which is good, but it's still less than 3 or 4 16:9 displays I generally rock in multi-monitor setups at work. And those setups are super cheap in comparison to Ultrawides in general. Especially when it gets to 1440p and higher resoltion ultrawide's. And for work I don't care about having a sleek singular screen.

About Windows snap and ultrawide though... Non-issue, you just switch to MS PowerToy's Fancy Zones and... well you might end up switching to that everywhere like i have. I really hope this ends up replacing the sorta classic aero snap I already loved.

For work... yeah I lean toward multi-monitor as well. I get more space to work with and with a PLP/LLP, PLLP etc. Just having a portrait display is awesome as you get some serious vertical height when needed.

32:9's and 21:9's are alright imho for work. But they are like having dual screen(32:9 is dual 16:9 and 21:9 is basicly dual 5:4). Which is good, but it's still less than 3 or 4 16:9 displays I generally rock in multi-monitor setups at work. And those setups are super cheap in comparison to Ultrawides in general. Especially when it gets to 1440p and higher resoltion ultrawide's. And for work I don't care about having a sleek singular screen.

About Windows snap and ultrawide though... Non-issue, you just switch to MS PowerToy's Fancy Zones and... well you might end up switching to that everywhere like i have. I really hope this ends up replacing the sorta classic aero snap I already loved.
Haven’t heard of FancyZones. Thanks for the tip.

Back