• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Best Game EVER?

I'm guessing Tetris should be best game ever.... or most popular or something. Super simple and never ending. Anyone can play it. Its been remade for every electronic device basically ;).

Personally however I think the best game ever should go to Mario 3. With Super Mario World, Starcraft, and CS close behind.
 
I can't pick one so here are a few:

Warcraft series (yes even the first one)
Starcraft series

Tribes.

Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries

And for consoles:
Toejam and Earl (only beat it once ever)
Forgotten Worlds (so much fun)
NHL 93 !!
 
Civilization
Grim Fandango
NHL Hockey
Max Payne

Hard to pick one from those... I guess I have to say Civilization.
 
Hrmm.. Dungeon Master for the Atari ST was my favorite ever. Honestly :)

this has just bought back memories lol, this must be one of the best games ever.

used to have this on the ST as well and remember walking arround the dungeons for hours with no clue about where i was till a mate of my dads gave me a set of printed maps :D
 
This is a tough one just to select one game. I have tons...

Anyway, if I had to simply choose one, it would have to be X-COM: Enemy Unknown. Such an awesome game. It is a shame that I did not like any other X-COM game produced after the original. I hope the rumored upcoming X-COM can top the original, but I am not very hopeful.

Anyway, here are some close followups of my favorites:
Baldur's Gate 2
NwN
Master of Orion 2
DOOM
Civ IV
Deus Ex

(And a lot more hehe)
 
Grim Fandango
Warcraft III + TFT
Baldur's Gate 2
Planescape: Torment
System Shock 2
BioShock
Deus Ex
Thief (all)
Monkey Island (all)

If I had to choose only one, it'd be Grim Fandango.
 
Age of Mythology
The game invaded my dreams, with realistic matches playing out in my mind a few times. Even more strage since I rarely have dreams that make much sense. I recently had a dream about dinosaurs plaing football to give you an idea.
Close would be super metroid and chrono trigger
 
this has just bought back memories lol, this must be one of the best games ever.

used to have this on the ST as well and remember walking arround the dungeons for hours with no clue about where i was till a mate of my dads gave me a set of printed maps :D

Wow i can still remember 3 of the 4 characters i used to use "Halk, Gothmog, Tiggy" maybe the forth was Hisssa?

Had it for the ST and then the Amiga, also got Chaos strikes back but didnt like it as much.
 
Street Fighter 2...any of 'em, although Super Turbo's probably the best of the bunch. Lots of people are still playing it today and it's been 18 years.
 
Super Street Fighter 2/Turbo.
Zelda:Ocarina of time
Killer Instinct gold (n64)
Final Fantasy VII
Legend of Dragoon
Edit: for pc, Starcraft
 
The best game ever is Anarchy Online. It is such a good game that I have had to intentionally get myself banned from the game so that I stop playing it and get my life on track. No joke.
 
this has just bought back memories lol, this must be one of the best games ever.

used to have this on the ST as well and remember walking arround the dungeons for hours with no clue about where i was till a mate of my dads gave me a set of printed maps

Haha, awesome. My older brother and I spent countless hours to get to the end of it, when we were young. I'm 36, now, lol. I have never had as much fun playing any game, I believe. I'm certain that being young had a lot to do with it. :)

Wow i can still remember 3 of the 4 characters i used to use "Halk, Gothmog, Tiggy" maybe the forth was Hisssa?

Had it for the ST and then the Amiga, also got Chaos strikes back but didnt like it as much.
I remember the second one not being as good, not sure if I played it or not, though. Loved that ST... Atari was doomed, though, huh? :)
 
System Shock One...the original..came out in 1994..it was so far ahead of its time its not even funny...most people never played it either. I still recall some of the levels..I also played it to the very end.
 
Best game ever? Hum!
Well lengdary for me would be chrono trigger
Best Story arc - Final Fantasy V back when when story/plot was more important than stupid eye candy
Most Scary - Silent Hill series Hands Down - that shit with the giant spiders ugh
Most Fun - too many to name
Most pain in the ass game? - most MMORPs they bore me
Most boring game - any FMV based game like FF10-12 BORING!
 
perhaps not the best game ever ...but it's the game that initially got me into PC's and tweaking/overclocking/fixing them ..

it was Tomb Raider on my PII 350 w/128megs PC100 SDRAM , 8GB hdd and Matrox G200 8meg vidcard.

so to me , it has a "special purpose" in my heart of hearts ...sniff :(
 
just off the top of my head

Contra

Final Fight

Streets of Rage II (honorable mention to Streets of Rage Remake)

Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Secret of Mana/Seiken Densetsu II
Seiken Densetsu III

Shinning Force

Civilization I, II, III, IV

Baldur's Gate I, II, Throne of Bhaal

Fallout I, II

Mechwarrior II

Planescape: Torment

Warcraft III

Starcraft

Age of Empires

D&D: Tower of Doom, Shadow Over Mystara

Doom II

Duke Nukem 3D

God of War I, II

Dynasty Warriors

Capcom Vs. SNK II

King of Fighters '97

Super Mario World

Actriser

Tetris

Puzzle Bubble/Bust a Move

Winning Eleven 4
 
If this is a "if you were trapped on a desert island" situation...toughie.

Diablo 2 springs to mind...perhaps with Oblivion a close second, and STALKER closing fast.
 
Not sure if it is the best game ever but I really enjoyed Guild Wars, I think it is the only game that I used to wake up thinking about.
 
arcade: robotron 2084 (got over a million on this game a couple of times, very intense)

pc: doom (gah... this is when I officially fell in love with pc gaming, I modded my doom installs and had quite the collection of wads)

nes: super mario 2 (gotta love playin the princess... she floated)

xbox: ssx tricky (I think I wore my xbox out playing this game, lol)


PS: I have to mention, JKDFII as a runner up on the pc. epic game.. I enjoyed it sooooo much!
 
Back
Top