• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best Game EVER?

Quakeworld Teamfortress!!!

Pioneering online play in a new way. The creators went to Valve and out popped Half-Life....TFC, Counter-Strike and pushed First Person Shooters to the top of the list.
 
Quakeworld Teamfortress!!!

Pioneering online play in a new way. The creators went to Valve and out popped Half-Life....TFC, Counter-Strike and pushed First Person Shooters to the top of the list.

The only game actually originally created in Valve's studios is Half-Life.
 
Far cry 2 beats everything said on this thread, EVERYTHUNG.


I was jokeing, don't hate pm me.
 
Ultima Online

I think slinging rock would be easier to get off.
 
total-annihilation.jpg

TA

Seconded. Remains highly playable and easily beats the shit out of any and ALL other RTS games. Command & Conquer is STILL catching up with TA to this day.


As for all the noobs quoting games released in the last year or so, sort it out.

An "all time best game ever" games list should look more like this;

Super Mario Brothers (NES)
Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis/Megadrive)
Street Fighter II
etc.

You know; the fucking classic games that defined an era and remain playable to this day. Most recent games rely on state of the art graphics to make them emmersive. As tech moves on, there's little reason to replay them. I'll let you have Bioshock, but that's far as as it should go. Farcry series, lol, you won't touch them in 5 years time, especially 2 which has possibly the lamest, shallowiest, and most tedious gameplay for any game in the last 5 years. Utterly terrible.


Ask yourselves this question when recommending a recent game;

"Would you (honestly and seriously) still enjoy the game to the same degree if you HAD to play it on the lowest graphics settings?"


 
My list of best games ever

1) Deus Ex 1
2) Half Life 1 + mods (specifically TFC)
3) Super Mario 3
4) Super Mario RPG
 
Soldier Of Fortune for PC. I still play its MP almost everyday and this game is hella old going on 8 years.

Followed closely by GoldenEye for the N64.

If you can't tell, I like shooters. :D
 
Mario 64. I wish I knew how much time in my life I have spent playing that game. It never gets old.
 
Zelda: A link to the past
Starcraft
Chrono Trigger
Resident Evil 4
Kid Chameleon
Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu
Double Dragon
Shadow of the Colossus
Braid
Halo
Mario 3
Duck Hunt!
Road Rash
GTA III
Goldeneye
Banjo Kazooie
Fable
Morrowind
Excite Bike!
Super Spike Volleyball
Punchout!
Contra
Warcraft II(friends.pud and Garden of War.pud owned!)
Donkey Kong 2 (super NES)
Mortal Combat
FF VII
Twisted Metal
 
Hide the Sausage

Well played sir!

That is indeed the best game to play. I thought the question was only in the scope of video games. But the OP did say the best game ever, not video game.

Way to think about the question properly. Good job. :D
 
Half-Life. Maybe Half-Life 2.

If we're talking multiplayer than CS 1.6 or CSS. No I'm not a Valve whore.

OK maybe I am. But no one can say that they don't make great games.
 
Nope, nope, nope... Hands down... Wolfenstein 3d, "The original that got pc gaming started!"
 
Resident Evil 2
Final Fantasy VII
Doom
Halo (for mainstreaming shooters to console, I don't much care for the game, but give credit where it's deserved.)
Age of Empires 2
Warcraft 2
TES 3: Morrowind
World of Warcraft (vanilla, revolutionizing MMO's... mainstreaming.)
 
Best game? There are tons of possibilities in this question! I can't give a single answer, but I could break it down by genre.

Best simulator(ish) game: Wing Commander. Hands down one of the coolest games ever.
Best MMORPG: EverQuest! I know a lot people (like myself) are addicted to WoW, but let's face it: if EQ wasn't a runaway hit, there never would have been a WoW. EQ broke the mold in a way that MMORPGs and visual-MUDS before it couldn't.
Best single-player RPG: I'm going to go with Sierra's Quest for Glory 2. This was an amazing game and blended adventure gaming with accessible RPG elements.
Best RTS: Something in the Homeworld series, but I haven't decided which one. All 3 games were great (yes, Cataclysm too!).
Best adventure game: If we're not going to count Quest for Glory 2 here, let's at least throw a bone to Leisure Suit Larry. A close second has to go to the original Sam & Max game (though the new seasonal stuff rocks too.)

I guess I'm just an old fuddy-duddy, but the vast bulk of my list comes from my 286-386 days. *nostalgia*
 
Its XCOM / UFO Enemy Unknown.

I had it for my Amiga A1200, it was the first game i got on my first PC and i've just got it again via Steam for £2.99. Its in dire need of a re-release with new graphics, but except for that its my all time favourite. With FF7 in second place.

It's your lucky day Toytown!

This project was done by some of the original devs of XCOM: UFO Defense. Same gameplay, same style, newer graphics. I haven't played this new one yet and I can't vouch for it, but the original XCOM holds a special place in my heart as well. Fantastic game.

-logga
 
Back
Top