Best Game EVER?

I have to say EQ for me personally, since I spent the better part of 6 years playing it.

For overall perfection though in story, gameplay, and enjoyment probably Planescape: Torment.

Most of the best games I've played fall in the 16-bit era. SNES to be specific. It's damn hard to choose one of them though. But even to this day, I've bought a few classics on the Virtual Console and actually went through all of them without having that "Man, I loved the game but I don't wanna go through all this again" feeling. That's the mark of truly great games.

Super Metroid, Zelda 3 (A Link to the Past), Donkey Kong Country 1/2, etc. I love games where it took hours to overcome obstacles or muster up the skill to anticipate boss patterns, but once I got it down, I could go through the whole game quick.

Mega Man X 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, etc. etc. Even long after the 16-bit era ended, I discovered classics that I completely missed when they were at their prime through emulators.

To me, there's no single best game ever :D

Blackthorne for snes

I'll never forget shooting those monsters with my double barreled shotgun and the blood sputing out of 'em.:D
The 32X one is better.

my pics:
DMC1
Legend of Oasis and Beyond Oasis (sega, please do NOT make another one if you're just going to fuck it up)
Nights into dreams
Castlevania symphony of the night

The 32X one is better.

my pics:
DMC1
Legend of Oasis and Beyond Oasis (sega, please do NOT make another one if you're just going to fuck it up)
Nights into dreams
Castlevania symphony of the night

I liked Blackthorne for PC.

PC: I got the most play out of WC3, DAoC and Diablo II.
Console: Probably older games: Earthbound, older Final Fantasies.

i would say starcraft, WoW, halo, Super Mario 64 and really enjoyed Age of empires: Rise of rome and Rise of Nations (the 1st one)

Pick only one game out of so many that I've thoroughly enjoyed over the years? Not possible. I'm gonna have to list a few.

PS2 - Silent Hill 2, MGS 2 and 3

PS1 - Final Fantasy Tactics, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Grand Tourismo, Resident Evil, MGS

SNES - Final Fantasy 3 (FF6 in Japan), Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Crono Trigger

NES - Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario 3

PC - Romance of the Three Kingdoms 1(floppy!!), Starcraft, Diablo 2, Counter Strike (original and Source), Half Life 2, STALKER, and currently Fallout 3.

lol Warcraft 3. Been playing for about 4 years and logged over 9 thousand hours lol.

Warcraft III + TFT
Resident Evil 4
Chrono Trigger
Half-Life 2
Flatout 2

Special Awards
Fable TLC
The Witcher EE
Devil May Cry 4
Painkiller

I will split it up by category... truely the best of the best...

RPG - Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne, Seceret of Mana, FF7, Chrono Trigger, Xenogears
FPS - Half-Life 2, Half-Life, Perfect Dark, Metroid Prime
RTS - StarCraft, Empire Earth, Supreme Commander, WarCraft 2
Turn Based Strategy - Civ2, Call to Power 2, Civ4, Advanced Wars: Days of Ruin
Survival Horror - Resident Evil 4, Dead Space (playing it now it's growing on me)
Action - Devil May Cry, Mega Man 2
Fighting - Super Smash Bros Melee, Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Racing - Mario Kart DS
Platformer - Super Mario World, Mario Galaxy
Adventure - Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Super Metroid
MMORPG - WoW
Multiplayer - CS 1.5, TF2, L4D
Sports - Super Temo Bowl & Ken Griffy Jr. Presents Major legue baseball (only 2 sports games worth playing EVER! )
Sim: Sim City 2000

Honorable Mentions:
Diablo 2, SMB3, PlaneScape: Torment, Fallout 3, Boulder's Gate, FF6, We Love katamari,

Very difficuilt to answer

Perhaps

Ultima VII?

no, no

maybe Thief 2 - the Metal Age...

should be Fallout 1..

damn

Cybercon III on the Amiga

shit forgot about

Doom

Ask me tomorrow and I'll probably change my mind and come up with 10 other games that are worthy. Indecision is the way forward.

probably spent more hours playing duke nukem 3d than any other game, so that's definately up there for me.

Unreal Tournament 2000 (zark mod). People still play this.

Close 2nd COD4 (unfortunately I can never find a good Hardcore HQ FF server anymore)

Kinda shocked not to see Double Dragon mentioned.
Really shocked there hasn't been a modern remake to that game.

maybe Thief 2 - the Metal Age...

Amazing gameplay and level design. The mission inside the police station is white knuckle all the way. I hope someone is making Thief 4. Unlike last generation, I think the current consoles could make a decent lead platform.Thief 3 was above average as a PC game but lost some of the magic from the Looking Glass games, which just ooze atmosphere and style. The early Thief games are among the all time classic SP PC FPS games.

WTF, no love for Shadowrun (Genesis/ Megadrive)?

Deus Ex on PC a close second.

Or maybe I was just stating my opinion? Because I thought the Genesis version was horrible. I preferred the way the SNES version played.

Then maybe you, and the other guy in Idaho that like the SNES version better can start a club for two. LOL

Back