Best game evar?

Eva_Unit_0

[H]ard|Gawd
I was curious as to what the members of this forum considered to be the best video game ever. Now of course "best" is a fairly subjective term...basically, I want to know what game gives you guys chilly-bumps when you hear the title theme and what game you would consider the pinnacle of gaming. If you wanna break it down into generations or something then go for it...we'd all admit that tetris and mario 1 are worlds apart from HL2 and Oblivion. :p

Anyway, my vote goes to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Honorable mention to half life 1

Zelda A Link to the Past (SNES). Best game ever.

Miles better than any other zelda game, including oot.

Fallout 1 closely followed by Fallout 2, that opening theme will give anyone goosebumps

yeah a link to the past is a damn good game too...that would definitely be on my top 10. That's the game that got me addicted to video games forever :D

Quake 2 lfire ctf mod

just thinking about it makes me scratch my track marks

Either Mario 64 or Battlezone (the PC game, that was shipping with Voodoo II's.. not the coinop ;) )

Chrono Trigger with Earthbound as a close 2nd. Beat both of them like a rented mule. Then the UT series would be my 3rd that I can think of right now outside of old MMORPGs.

tetris

20 years later, and i can still pick it up and play it like the first time

God of War....No other game, not even Metal Gear Solid, has a better story...No other game captures the raw essence of stength, power, aggression and sense of accomplishment. And the graphics look far better than any PS2 game should.

You Halo, Mario, and FF lovers can't even TRY to hate.

Honorable mentions: Metal Gear Solid, Super Metroid, Hexen II

skittzle said:
Gears of War!!

joking aside...Dark Age of Camelot for PC.

Awesome a DAoC lover. I was all about DAoC for over 2 years, the perfect fix for what was lost when uo changed. Then DAoC changed too but i say its still good. Overall favorite games of all time would probably be DAoC for pc, and Loz:OOC for console.

Killer Instinct for SNES.
I still have gigantic callouses and a mound of controllers with d-pads that have been repaired multiple times, but eventually just fell apart. :(
That game was my childhood, and I hope it's available in Virtual Console.

Crystalis for the NES. Mainly because not only was it fun and time consuming but because I got a Game Genie code published in the 1993 Sept/Oct Issue of Game Informer that landed me a free SNES Game Genie for all my hard work.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Tekken Tag Tournament.

Yes 2 fighters. These two games got me into the tourney scene and then let me to explore more games that i could compete in.

Metal Gear Solid for PSone

this game started it all for me with the stealth and advance AI for it's time and is the reason why i love the Metal Gear series.

Dark Prodigy said:
God of War....No other game, not even Metal Gear Solid, has a better story...No other game captures the raw essence of stength, power, aggression and sense of accomplishment. And the graphics look far better than any PS2 game should.

You Halo, Mario, and FF lovers can't even TRY to hate.

Honorable mentions: Metal Gear Solid, Super Metroid, Hexen II

qft...that game was amazing.

While certainly not the best game, I get all tingly when I think about G-Police. Good memories with that game. ^_^

Starcraft + BW!!

I swear I must've spent at least 6 years of my life addicted to that game. Amazing and balanced gameplay + unlimited replayability over Battle.net = best game IMO.

Half-Life

I've had the game for 8 years now, I still play it (or a mod for it) on a weekly basis. I've easily sunk over 3000 hours into HL and all things related to it. Best $50 I ever spent.

Half-Life series, Halo series, Grand Theft Auto series, Battlefield series

Those are my TOP WINNERS!

I don't understand how in the world you guys like RPG games...
If i want to play RPG game, i just go outside...but then it becomes RRPG (Real RPG)

When I was your age: Seven cities of gold
Back in the day: Wolf3D
Not too long ago: Thief
Recently : Would have to say FEAR

Im a man who enjoys his FPS games.

Console 8 Bit - Contra
Console 16Bit - LOZ
Console 32Bit - Tos up between FF7 or Shining Force 3 (Saturn)
Console 64Bit - Goldeneye (N64)
PC - Counter Strike (period)

Back