Best FPS Multiplayer games ATM?

Starcrossed

2[H]4U
I'm just wondering what other FPS Multiplayer games are worth playing. I'd like to play another one that has a decent player base and great gameplay. I play DoD:Source all the time, ATM. I have Crysis Wars, but don't like it much. CS:S isn't my cup of tea, either. Any ideas? I've thought of getting CoD 4 or 5, but I'm not sure if the gameplay is that great.

Left 4 Dead is amazing co-op, Call of Duty 4 has great multiplayer, Call of Duty 5 has alright multiplayer and TF2 is great.

I agree on L4D and TF2.

Also, a game I've been playing alot with my friends lately, has been Zombie Panic! Source, a HL2 mod. Its another zombie game, but alot different than L4D, with only human players controlling humans and zombies, great suspense and fun to be had there.

I suggest skipping both as they both suck.

... over 15000 servers and almost 27 000 people playing COD 4 right now would probably say exact opposite. If it's not your cup of tea that's fine, but games that suck probably do not have such a huge player base.

... over 15000 servers and almost 27 000 people playing COD 4 right now would probably say exact opposite. If it's not your cup of tea that's fine, but games that suck probably do not have such a huge player base.

Do I REALLY care what other people say? You're saying I cannot say it sucks because a lot of people think its great.

Well for MP...L4D has my vote, along with TF2, GRAW2, Insurgency, Project Reality and RnL.

Now you mentioned that the CS and COD gameplay is not really your favorite. It is not mine either. I more favor the tactical-realism type games. But for just gaming the time away with buddies, L4D, TF2, COD4/5, and the like can be pretty fun.

My buddies all love L4D, though I'm not a big fan.

I can highly recommend TF2 though :)

L4D is great, but I expected more from a full size game. TF2 on the other hand, delivered more than what I expected and have many more ways to play the game.

Don't get me wrong they are both great games.

I actually had a bit of Fun in crysis Wars last night if you get a chance try the free trial going on now. TF2 L4D are incredible to me. Also COD4 and COD WaW are great along with go old BF2 and 2142. See I look at things different every game has flaws but at the end of the match did I have fun if it is a yes then that's all I need. Sometimes it seems most folks hate everything. Of course it's not true but it seems that way. But hey I usually hate the crap (imho) Japanese RPG's and MMORPG's that most folks love...

L4D, TF2, COD4, COD5 are all great for recently released multi fps and you won't have any trouble finding a server for any of those games.

TF2 and L4D are both excellent MP games.
But L4D needs some fixes, patching and definately more content for its relatively high pricing.
It's a great game but if I had to choose, I'd pick TF2.

Both games are on sale now on Steam.

CoD 4

It has a tons of maps and play styles.

L4D is bullshit through and through. Say whatever the hell you want but in MP there are ONLY 2 versus scenarios. The OP said MP so L4D will get old very very quick. L4D is pretty much like Serious Same on steriods. ]

I enjoyed L4D for 2 weeks now it's uninstalled waiting for more VS scenarios.

@ OP if you want some good old fashioned MP go with CoD4

for the competetive fix no doubt cod 4 takes the cake.....awesomely tight gameplay with plenty of servers.

This forum has a bug up its ass against COD5 and COD4 sometimes even. Both of them are great and are better than any other FPS out on the market, IMO at least. Check Xfire stats, TF2 isn't even top 10 while COD4 and COD5 has huge following. They both offer better gameplay than CSS and TF2, combined...

is Left 4 Dead really as fun as everyone is saying it is? im contemplating on buying it but im kind of doubting the purchase....

This forum has a bug up its ass against COD5 and COD4 sometimes even. Both of them are great and are better than any other FPS out on the market, IMO at least. Check Xfire stats, TF2 isn't even top 10 while COD4 and COD5 has huge following. They both offer better gameplay than CSS and TF2, combined...

Thats because [H] likes to think of it as more then a crowd of bandwagoners.
COD4 and COD5 are mindless arcade shooters. No one is saying they are not fun, but in the end, its CS all over again(but still more arcade-ish).

There is nothing innovative or original to the COD games. Where L4D and TF2 are the opposite.

But again, your argument that the quality of a game is based on the number of people playing it is not only silly, but downright wrong.
The Hills is one of the most popular shows on TV these days. It has more viewers then you can shake a stick at, but that does not mean the show itself is any good. Infact the show is horrible, just retarded.
We could say the same for countless music groups.

In the end this forum doesnt hate the COD games. I think many just hate that an arcade shooter that has no creative or innovative edge gets all the glory while envelope pushing games like TF2 ad L4D are not a big seller for soccer moms or emo teens.

is Left 4 Dead really as fun as everyone is saying it is? im contemplating on buying it but im kind of doubting the purchase....

I tried it on the 360 when it came out and I didnt care for it(i was really drunk).
But I grabbed it up on the PC and got into it. Its pure fun. The outdated visuals give way for the games pure excitement and fun.

COD4 and COD5 are mindless arcade shooters. No one is saying they are not fun, but in the end, its CS all over again(but still more arcade-ish).

There is nothing innovative or original to the COD games. Where L4D and TF2 are the opposite.

But again, your argument that the quality of a game is based on the number of people playing it is not only silly, but downright wrong.
The Hills is one of the most popular shows on TV these days. It has more viewers then you can shake a stick at, but that does not mean the show itself is any good. Infact the show is horrible, just retarded.

In the end this forum doesnt hate the COD games. I think many just hate that an arcade shooter that has no creative or innovative edge gets all the glory while envelope pushing games like TF2 ad L4D are not a big seller for soccer moms or emo teens.

I tried it on the 360 when it came out and I didnt care for it(i was really drunk).
But I grabbed it up on the PC and got into it. Its pure fun. The outdated visuals give way for the games pure excitement and fun.
and you make it sound as if tf2 and l4d are automatically a "gamers" game...etc. yeah the whole soccer mom / emo argument may stand in some cases but in this case it's not cod 4's fault that it's such an awesome game. the quality game came first in this instance, crowds followed.

Call of Duty offers a mass-appeal gameplay style. In my opinion it is pure shit in each and every game mode, but the nitty-gritty realistic war shooter is popular with the college kid demographic right now so fuck stylized games like TF2 and atmospheric ones like L4D.

COD4 and COD5 take skill that some players just don't have. These players typically steer towards easy games like TF2 and L4D. If you want to argue over games lets at least throw mud.

Saying that the COD series is unoriginal and brings nothing new to the table automatically makes any of your comments on multiplayer gaming null and void. COD made one of the first multiplayer games that has been balanced and well made compared to other previous titles. The competition and variety that the COD series brought to multiplayer gaming has been unmatched, and is why many people still play many of the COD series, not just the newest ones.

COD Series and Battlefield Series are the only two FPS games left standing, until a great game comes to de-throne them.

Pff, I would not put it that way. It is because, as somebody I quoted below has already said, people simply have no skill. Yes, COD's may not be innovative as far as gameplay goes, but they do take skill. Games such as TF2 may be different,. but they honestly take alot less skill. People that enjoy hardware are usually older folk, they get pissed fast and usually do suck. I have heard the whole: "this game sucks, too many hackers" excuse a number of times.

The popularity of the game usually comes with quality. COD's gameplay maybe sort of arcadish, but it is fun and does require skill.
Call of Duty offers a mass-appeal gameplay style. In my opinion it is pure shit in each and every game mode, but the nitty-gritty realistic war shooter is popular with the college kid demographic right now so fuck stylized games like TF2 and atmospheric ones like L4D.
It is also polished. Look where realistic games are ending up these days. I know that some of you may want to experience virtual realistic warfare, but it ain't happening. I personally do not want to prone 500 meters to my next target in hopes that nobody sees me.
COD4 and COD5 take skill that some players just don't have. These players typically steer towards easy games like TF2 and L4D. If you want to argue over games lets at least throw mud.

Saying that the COD series is unoriginal and brings nothing new to the table automatically makes any of your comments on multiplayer gaming null and void. COD made one of the first multiplayer games that has been balanced and well made compared to other previous titles. The competition and variety that the COD series brought to multiplayer gaming has been unmatched, and is why many people still play many of the COD series, not just the newest ones.

COD Series and Battlefield Series are the only two FPS games left standing, until a great game comes to de-throne them.

Exactly. Innovative isn't always fun. TF2 is just blowing shit up and mowing people down when you have a medic healing you. Yea, it is different, but it requires 0 aiming. Then a medic can ubercharge you to make it even easier, no thank you.

COD's have something CSS does not have. You can aim down sights, you have better maps and more gametypes. Also the games are very polished and are very fluid.

COD4 and COD5 take skill that some players just don't have.
lol, wut? Its a speedball arcade shooter.

So wait, COD was one of the first innovative and original because it was the first game to be balanced(lol) and competitive? And all other games are not well made, are not balanced and not competitive?
Is that what your saying?

COD5 is so innovative it totally didn't rip the zombie level from L4D :)

Im not being biased here, I enjoyed the COD games. But they are arcade shooters and are basically clones of the COD before them. As much as I enjoy the COD games, Im not going to allow that to bugger up the facts. L4D and TF2 were innovative in their play style and artistic design. I can appreciate that L4D and TF2 are drastically different then other shooters. And I can appreciate that COD has high production values, but in the end, its an arcade shooter of a dumbed down CSS.
Im not saying COD games are bad at all, so dont take it personally,

And believe me, COD is nowhere near as competitive as CAL CSS gaming. CS has had almost 10 years of intense gaming. You just cant top that.

Some would argue that COD's down the sights aiming has been done hundreds of times in hundreds of games, or that trying to argue the quality of maps between games is pointless. But hey, thats the internet.

In the end, I guess thats my answer to why many of us FPS purists dont care for the COD games.

If you talk players of games, there are many ways to add that up. Xfire shows COD ahead of CSS, and gamespy shows HL double that of COD. Either way, its a hard number to crunch.

cheers, im out. Nubs need killin
time to old school it up with raven shield

looks like cod4 players are the tool fans of gaming
True true

Thats funny, I had actually typed out that but deleted it as I knew it would be flame bait.

I knew a guy who used to try and tell us all that Tool is more famous then The Beatles ever were. He got his nose broken at the bar once.

lol, wut? Its a speedball arcade shooter.

So wait, COD was one of the first innovative and original because it was the first game to be balanced(lol) and competitive? And all other games are not well made, are not balanced and not competitive?
Is that what your saying?

COD5 is so innovative it totally didn't rip the zombie level from L4D :)

Im not being biased here, I enjoyed the COD games. But they are arcade shooters and are basically clones of the COD before them. As much as I enjoy the COD games, Im not going to allow that to bugger up the facts. L4D and TF2 were innovative in their play style and artistic design. I can appreciate that L4D and TF2 are drastically different then other shooters. And I can appreciate that COD has high production values, but in the end, its an arcade shooter of a dumbed down CSS.
Im not saying COD games are bad at all, so dont take it personally,

And believe me, COD is nowhere near as competitive as CAL CSS gaming. CS has had almost 10 years of intense gaming. You just cant top that.

Some would argue that COD's down the sights aiming has been done hundreds of times in hundreds of games, or that trying to argue the quality of maps between games is pointless. But hey, thats the internet.

In the end, I guess thats my answer to why many of us FPS purists dont care for the COD games.

If you talk players of games, there are many ways to add that up. Xfire shows COD ahead of CSS, and gamespy shows HL double that of COD. Either way, its a hard number to crunch.

cheers, im out. Nubs need killin
time to old school it up with raven shield

CSS is a popular game but as far as quality it is lackng badly in comparison to COD. That is my opinion. The hit boxes are trash in CSS, Cod is not a realism game but a nice mix of realism and arcade is nice. Having balanced weapons is very important in a FPS, LOL to it or not.

TF2 is great in some respects, but I really wouldn't compare it to Cod or BF2. TF2 requires skill in being a team player. Cod requires you to be a good shot and use tactics with your team. I don't see as much skill required to play TF2 vs Cod. From a competitive perspective I think Cod is a much better game.

Back