Best for Triple Screen BF3 Gaming

ChrisRam

[H]ardOCP SSD Guru
I haven't covered the GPU market in a very long time but I still game now and then. I just picked up three Samsung 40" LED TVs (model 6030) and I'm ready to play some triple screen BF3.

So which company's triple screen system works better, AMD or nV?

Both companies cards can do 3/4 screens from a single card so either is fine.

You're probably going to want 2 cards to get good framerates (60fps constant, especially if you're going online with it). So for that reason i'd say Nvidia, as the dual card support is better (though neither is perfect).

I think the difference will be at what price point. They are both fairly equal in terms of performance but at different price points. How much do you want to spend? I think at this point you could spend less with AMD and get the best performance at those resolutions.

Price really isn't that big of an issue, just image quality and the best 3 monitor support.

I wasn't thinking about the multi card aspect of it. Maybe I should use one card for the main screen and another for the two off to the side. 3 cards?

I don't get to play a lot so when I do get a few minutes I like to really get down.

As far as which triple screen system is better, you should visit this site. Both AMD and NVidia have their share of good and bad. Some games work great with nVidia, but not AMD, and visa versa.

http://www.wsgf.org/mgl

AMD scales better with multiple cards, but nVidia is quieter, cooler and generally more refined drivers. Although the 7970 drivers are pretty good at this point, as the card has been out almost a year.

Even at 1080p with those 3x40" displays you'll want to at go SLI with 2x680 or 1x690 from nVida or 2x7970 from AMD.

AMD 2x7970's will cost less, offer very good performance, but run hot, loud and may have driver issues.
NVidia, single GTX690 is quiet, cool, fewer driver issues, but will cost a premium vs AMD

With your setup, if money wasn't an issue I'd go with a single GTX690

My asus dcu2 top gtx 670 couldn't handle 3x1080p monitors without too much fps lag in bf3 with an 1100t at stock. Maybe my cpu was the problem.

I'd say go SLI/cf for sure though, like someone said if you want 60fps mostly constant SLI/CF/dual gpu card is about the only way to go.

Back