Best/Favorite HTPC Case

I am using the Silverstone SST-LC17.
http://www.pcalchemy.com/product_in...cala-sstlc17-htpc-case-black/cName/htpc-cases

Pro's:

-80mm rear fans (room for 2 additional 92 or 80 mm fans if you have a power rig).
-room for full size atx mobo
-room for up to 6 hdds
-full height
-very clean front with hidden everything (you can have a card reader preinstalled from pcalchemy).
-use your own power supply

Con's:
-it is pretty big
-it costs about $140 w/o power supply
-if you have a large video card, you can lose hdd space (although there is still plenty).
-the power supply is supposed to be isolated with the fan facing outwards. this can cause slightly more difficult wire routing and the ps won't evacuate warm air.

Overall, I love it. I had been waiting for over a year for the right case, and I absolutely believe this is it. Reasonable cost, easy to work with, purdy, and has the potential to be nearly silent.

For the price - Coolermaster ATC-620 (black brushed aluminum face)

Of course it's not available most places, coolermast makes crappy htpc cases now

FraGGleR said:

So am I. I love it. I used to be using a gigantic full tower ATX case when I first built my HTPC using old parts. This weekend, I had a party, and people who had seen the old computer wondered what had happened to my HTPC. They had all mistaken the case for just another piece of A/V equipment. It's really slick and was really easy to work with.

Adrian

my gf got me the silverstone 17 one. It's great. I thought it might be a pain to work with, but not compared to some of the other cases i've worked with. It's a great case. It looks great, it's big enough to fit everything comfortably, but at the same time it's not huge.

I am currently using an Ahanix MCE302 and love the look of it. I wanted a rather short case to fit the look I was going for. Looks aside though the case has needed alot of work.

PROS.
Parallel VFD thats easy to use.
Consealed I/O ports on the front
Fits fullsized ATX PSU.
All 80mm fans
Good looks with integrated DVD faceplate.

CONS.
TERRIBLE airflow - I had to drill holes over the entire lid to get enough air into the system.
Only accepts mATX boards.
Only accepts low profile cards.
All the screw hole are just a bit off in one direction or another. For such a relatively expensive case it should have a bit higher build quality.
Did I mention the terrible airflow.

All said though I am happy with how the system has turned out and how it is working for me.

Back