Best Earbud Speaker Invention Ever

To the people bitching about sound quality: STFU. Obviously this isn't some audiophile-quality speaker system - it's a fucking bendable, stackable, lightweight, zero-extra-power-required accessory for your iPod to make it louder in a convenient, quick way. It's not meant to blow audiophiles away. It's meant to be a simple way to amplify your damned iPod headphones - nothing else...

...and if you're listening to music on your iPod and expecting studio-grade, 192khz, 24-bit lossless audio in the first place - then you should just, I dunno - kill yourself maybe. iPods, earbuds, alladatshit, are not made to reproduce music faithfully at audiophile-orgasm-inducing levels. They're made for people on the go and - quite frankly - people who don't give a shit about lossless this or that.

hurr durr

I would use the heck out of something like that for watching movies and tv shows on my phone if it improves the sound level enough. It will be interesting to see where they go with this.

Doesn't really seem any more compact than the X-Mini Max

Certainly more durable, but I highly doubt they'll sound as good or get as loud as the X-Mini's there.

While I personally would never buy them because of what can be assured to be horrible SQ, I do believe that this product will sell quite well if reasonably priced.

People with iPods typically don't know or don't care about SQ. I get a laugh seeing people listen to highly compressed MP3s on their Dr. Dre Beats TM by asshat MonsterCable TM and think that it sounds good just because they paid a lot of money for 'em

are you guys really still bitching about sound quality? I would understand if these were marketed that way, but they're not. Honestly, get over yourselves ;)

While I personally would never buy them because of what can be assured to be horrible SQ, I do believe that this product will sell quite well if reasonably priced.

People with iPods typically don't know or don't care about SQ. I get a laugh seeing people listen to highly compressed MP3s on their Dr. Dre Beats TM by asshat MonsterCable TM and think that it sounds good just because they paid a lot of money for 'em

Correcto.

People don't bother to educate themselves as to how thing actually work. They do not have a healthy curiosity at all. Because of this they will believe anything because they have no knowledge to fall back on.

In the old day a big sell was gold plated connector magnetic pickups for your turntable.
Typical in a electronics store there would be 2 identical turntable set up with the same record on them.
By thunder! The gold plated connectors make the music MUCH clearer!!
(they had poor equalization on one to make it sound a little muddy)
But if you know something about basic electricity you would know the difference between the 2 metals used may equal .001 ohm. Are you going to hear that difference in music?? NEVER. But the physiological effect of the demonstration (although fraudulent) was so compelling people would say "WOW, my records sound outstanding now!"
The general public is very, very easily duped.

I am totally amazed about the negativity toward these people and their idea. They never claimed these to reproduce quality sound, but only to make the ear buds sound louder. While some of you negative people rip it apart, if you went on a week or 2 camping trip, would you want to carry around some heavy speakers with enough batteries to make the music louder and still sound not much better as small speakers never were designed to improve bass.

Even though they market these for the ipod, could see using them on netbooks since the sound could use the amplifying effect of these "horns" to not always have to use head phones, even at home, and I don't want to have to plug something else into the wall or carry something weighty around when
i could design clips to clip them to my netbook just so I can hear something..

It seems people miss out on the basics and expect everything to be perfect and do everything or its bust... those are the people who carry around a separate bag for their laptops and ipods amd find airport traveling to be impossible...

I am totally amazed about the negativity toward these people and their idea. They never claimed these to reproduce quality sound, but only to make the ear buds sound louder. While some of you negative people rip it apart, if you went on a week or 2 camping trip, would you want to carry around some heavy speakers with enough batteries to make the music louder and still sound not much better as small speakers never were designed to improve bass.

Even though they market these for the ipod, could see using them on netbooks since the sound could use the amplifying effect of these "horns" to not always have to use head phones, even at home, and I don't want to have to plug something else into the wall or carry something weighty around when

It seems people miss out on the basics and expect everything to be perfect and do everything or its bust... those are the people who carry around a separate bag for their laptops and ipods amd find airport traveling to be impossible...

These are so heavy and expensive.

I'm not knocking their blurriness model - like I said, it's just not for me. I totally get the basics part of it. That's why if I go on a camping trip, I leave the damn iPod at home.

Tinny sounding music played louder < getting away from it all. And I know what it means to be away as well. I spent 10 months traveling solo and made the conscious decision not to bring my iPod. Why? Because I'd rather talk to people, enjoy what's around me, and just purely unplug. So yeah, call me old fashioned, but I'd rather listen to the music as it was meant to be listened to or not at all.

However, as I said and will say again: this will quite likely sell well and make a profit for both the creators and investors alike and make quite a few people happy in the process.

Not for me, as I care about sound quality. But I guess this is cool to some people. Nice simple design.

Sing of the times.
It's a simple idea. No matter what they do they can't beat the physics of acustics. The signal they're amplifying doesn't move that much air to begin with so it's crap from the beginning(earbuds)..They probably become millionaires:

Simple Idea.
Reliable.
They really seem to have tested the design and it kinda saddens me there's nothing they can do to actually make it worth it. But most people listen to crap :( so they won't tell the difference.

Why all this drama about calling people's opinion based on their taste negativity? Are you gonna run a crusade on negativity? Oh he's negative!!! That's a sin!!!

Fact is MP3s and ear buds are crap. No matter what you do with them. Any serious geek should know at least the basics of acoustics.

Correcto.

People don't bother to educate themselves as to how thing actually work. They do not have a healthy curiosity at all. Because of this they will believe anything because they have no knowledge to fall back on.

In the old day a big sell was gold plated connector magnetic pickups for your turntable.
Typical in a electronics store there would be 2 identical turntable set up with the same record on them.
By thunder! The gold plated connectors make the music MUCH clearer!!
(they had poor equalization on one to make it sound a little muddy)
But if you know something about basic electricity you would know the difference between the 2 metals used may equal .001 ohm. Are you going to hear that difference in music?? NEVER. But the physiological effect of the demonstration (although fraudulent) was so compelling people would say "WOW, my records sound outstanding now!"
The general public is very, very easily duped.

Welcome to the industry of Marketing!!! Also known as : Can I lie to you and get away with it?

Yet another reason to not using public transport. It's annoying enough when the kids crank the volume up to the max with their normal, unamplified earbuds.

Nice kickstarter site.
wink.gif
Just not too sure as how those thing can amplify such a small earphone. Not sure how its going to work. Definitely seems like it has gathered enough steam to start the project.

These things will probably end up $0.99c at your local walmart, very easy to copy and mass produce in China for example

Sorry.. but as soon as I saw this, I thought - well that's neat - but then my practicality kicked in. Why would I spend more than $3 on some silicone cone that will sound like complete garbage (tinny and without any bass) when I can pickup some inexpensive mini speaker that is more portable & would sound 1000x better than "amplified" earbuds?

But then.. some people buy iPods and use the stock earbuds and think they sound "great".

I would love a set of these for backpacking. The fact that you don't need any batteries for them is a huge win for me.

I would not pay more than $20 for a set of them though.

I would love a set of these for backpacking. The fact that you don't need any batteries for them is a huge win for me.

I would not pay more than $20 for a set of them though.

I wouldn't pay more than $5.

I threw in $100. To all the people criticizing, probably just mad they didn't think of it. Sure, sound quality wont be best, but this isn't a pair of computer speakers or anything we are talking about... no batteries required, I can literally stuff them in my pocket... seems like a sound invention to me.

I threw in $100. To all the people criticizing, probably just mad they didn't think of it. Sure, sound quality wont be best, but this isn't a pair of computer speakers or anything we are talking about... no batteries required, I can literally stuff them in my pocket... seems like a sound invention to me.

You can buy unpowered mini speakers for playing music. Been around for ages. I had a pair of them for my Sony Walkman & portable CD player back in the day. Seems like a better choice to me. IMO. But not QUITE as portable / lightweight as these thingies.

I used to cup earbuds in my hands to share tunes. Just to keep my earbuds out of other people's ears, but when i want them to check something out.
I guess this is the legit version.

So let me get this straight... not only do I have to listen to someone's ipod/iphone because they don't want to use ear phones, but now here's an invention that allows them to project their music (that I never wanted to hear in the first place) even further?

I'm sorry, the idea is great, however I don't like the result.

"Oh hey we got this idea when we're in the middle of Africa on a pristine nature reserve... then I thought, hmm it'd be nice not to hear nature and hear some tunes instead.. but why should I be the only one hearing music, I should fuck up the whole setting for everyone!'

LOL! :D

Back