• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Best Custom Builders

Fazzar

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 22, 2004
Messages
290
I have had great advice from the site on building computers in the past. For my next PC, I might go the easier and more expensive route with a pre-made computer.

Who's the best around? I've had Alienware in the past and I know of Falcon Northwest.

My goal would be a quiet, cool-running high-end gaming PC.

Thanks in advance.
 
I don't know which is the best, but I have several friends who have bought from XoticPC, Alienware, and Doghouse Systems and been satisfied. I've heard good things about Falcon NW and Puget.

Sorry can't be more help.
 
What are you looking for? Warranty? On-site tech support? Enthusiast build? Water Cooled? How custom are you wanting? What's your budget?
 
I recommend the following for PC boutiques:
Puget Systems
Velocity Micro
Maingear

If you really want silent, then go with Puget Systems as their systems are actually certified by SilentPCReview.com to be quiet or near silent. Check it out:
http://www.silentpcreview.com/Puget_Serenity_Pro
 
What are you looking for? Warranty? On-site tech support? Enthusiast build? Water Cooled? How custom are you wanting? What's your budget?

Budget is not a concern. The standary warranty options are find for me as most builders offer similar options.

I do like the quiet water-cooled machines, but I also want reliability in those cooling systems as well. I have an older Alienware that is water-cooled and it's loud as hell because the cooling system cavitates. Perhaps the new systems are more reliable.

My goal is top gaming performance. The 2.5 yera old rig I currently use was built with great advise from people on these boards. But my son's computer is almost kaput and I'll hand down mine and get a new rig for myself ;)
 
Back
Top