Best CPU AIR COOLER by temperature?

Psulover

n00b
Two q's:

I know that hyper 212 evo is one of the best cpu air cooler by price/performance ratio. What is the best cpu air cooler sold in the U.S? Looking at http://www.frostytech.com/
some of the top cpu air cooler is not sold anymore in the U.S. For exmaple: Spire Thermax Eclipse II is the best cpu cooler but it is not sold on neweggs,amazon or ncix.

The Hyper 212 evo was release back in 2011. Surely, there must be a better price/ratio cpu air cooler out there in 2014.

I've been using these lately instead of All-In-One Water Cooling. This actually trades blows with the H100 I think

Incredible value for the money with dual fans included

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E1JA1BY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did consider watercooling but there is too much risk of it leaking and causing a short circuit throughout the entire system.

Air cooler is generally safer and i don't have to worry as much.

Nice watercooling :)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The 212 Evo pretty much demarks the point of diminishing returns for air if price/performance is your sole metric.

I've got the original 212 cooling my i7 920 @4ghz. I thought about making the move to a Noctua but I never did since I didn't think I would gain much more of an OC with it.
To address the best air cooler right now sold in USA its probably either the Thermalright Silver Arrow, Noctua or the Phantek. Read 10 reviews. 3 will pick one, 3 a different one, 3 the other one and one will just say its all the same.

So did you get your Noctua Nh-d15 yet? I am curious as to which is better: Noctua Nh-D15 vs the SilverArrow SB-E Extreme?

I did consider watercooling but there is too much risk of it leaking and causing a short circuit throughout the entire system.

Air cooler is generally safer and i don't have to worry as much.

Nice watercooling :)

The link SFD provided is not for an AIO WC kit... it's for the Thermaltake NiC F4 air cooler. Also check out the C4 variant...although, depending on specific hardware, the shrouds may interfere with MoBo components or RAM modules.

Both have been highly praised at a lot of review sites.

Mugen, never did me wrong, great price and keeps my cpus cool. But their are probably better out now, but cant beat the mugen price.

Love my cooler. Quiet, efficient and looks hefty. Either way, they are all similar when or comes to performance. Seems air cooling has reached a plateau.

well the 212evo does beat the price if not the performance :p

212EVO with push/pull fans can't be beat for price/performance. I don' think any more expensive ones will get you much more of an OC for the additional price to make it worth it. You might was well go custom water cooling then...

212EVO with push/pull fans can't be beat for price/performance. I don' think any more expensive ones will get you much more of an OC for the additional price to make it worth it. You might was well go custom water cooling then...

Yeah its the great debate how much better is a D14/15, Silver Arrow or Phanteks than the 212Evo. I mean those dual tower monsters usually best the 212Evo in benchmark tests. I know there's an odd one or two where they don't. But to the point of does a D14 allow a higher OC than a 212Evo that's hard to quantify. I've got the original 212 [not evo] and have considered plunking down $70 for a higher end air cooler like the D14 but I still haven't done it precisely because I question the real world OC increase if any. Sure I might knock a few ºC off my idle or load temps but if I can't climb the speed higher what's the point

Back