best cooling for the x800

I would think most of the stock cooling solutions are already as good as that copper HSF unit there. Most employ some sort of microfin technolgy and are all copper blower units.

I love the microfin OCZ BGA ramsinks. If you aren't familiar with those, the vantec iceberq ramsinks are the same thing.

I read somewhere that the Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer Rev. 3 fits the x800xt. I forget how much cooler it kept the guys GPU, but I think I'm gonna get one for the fact that it exhausts the hot air from the case. (and it's only $19 at frozencpu.com)

I just fitted a Zalman ZM80C-HP Heat Pipe cooler to an X800Pro and it does work, don't ask me how it cools yet but the friend of mine that I did it for told me that at its hotest the gpu was getting to around 65 C so I'll use that as a referance.

Oh and we also added some Vantec BGA ramsinks, while the front side of the card with the large block worked fine, the pipe wouldnt fit over the backside ramsinks, so i used some longer cross screws and some extra rubber washers to do it, bent the heat piple into specific shape to fit the new width better too. Also I had to manuafacuter some new crossbars because of the added width.

Took me a while to get it all sorted out so be aware of that fact.

I expect to see a 5C drop in temp over stock cooling full load.

And Zalman has just released a newer twin heat pipe version of the gpu cooler reading up on it now.

ToastyBoy said:
I read somewhere that the Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer Rev. 3 fits the x800xt. I forget how much cooler it kept the guys GPU, but I think I'm gonna get one for the fact that it exhausts the hot air from the case. (and it's only $19 at frozencpu.com)

The artic cooling VGA, doesnt look like it exhausts the air from the case

advanced101101 said:
The artic cooling VGA, doesnt look like it exhausts the air from the case

I have one, it does. All ya have to do is take out the plate in the PCI slot under your video card and it blows right out. Rev. 2 came wiht a place...rev3 doenst and it doesnt line up right, but yeah, it still blows out the back of your case

Back