best console game you never played?

arr4ws

Supreme [H]ardness
What is the best game you NEVER played on a console ? Lets face it , we cant play em all! So ... whats yours?

The thread name is stupid. How would I know it's the best if I haven't played it.

I have yet to play Shadow of Colossus, but I will so I can't really post that here huh.

Xenogears and all of the sequels that followed it. I may get stoned for this, but I just don't see what the big deal is.

Metal Gear Solid 4.

When I finally get round to playing that it'll probably be Resident Evil 4. Guess I'll have to get round to playing that too at some point :D

N64- GoldenEye, Zelda Series
Xbox- Halo/Halo2/ninja gaiden
360-Gears of War
Wii- not sure yet :p

The thread name is stupid. How would I know it's the best if I haven't played it.

I have yet to play Shadow of Colossus, but I will so I can't really post that here huh.

you are so uptight... I know Metal gear solid 4 is good ... never played it.... i know metroid prime series is good ... never played it...

I jus got a PS2 so I'm going back to those classics. Haven't played Ico, MGS3, or God of War 2, yet. Also never got around to trying Hidden & Dangerous

You mean the Xenosaga games? You didn't miss much, and I have all of them.

My younger brother is a big fan of the series and I really don't understand why. All I got from watching him play was that the story sounded an awful lot like Evangelion, what with the hot blue-haired robot and all.

Too many to list. I never owned an NES, SNES, N64, PS1, or PS2.

I'm working my way through the backlog. :(

NES - MegaMan 3
SMS - Wonderboy
Gens - Vectorman
Snes - Actraiser / legend of mana / earthbound
Sega CD - Vay
Saturn - Panzer dragoon saga (yes own the game and never played it)
PS1 - Vandal hearts / metel gear all of them
PS2 - Tales of abyss / Metel gear's / GTA's / GT2 & GT3
XBOX - all of them
Gcube - Skys of arcadia

Wii, xbox360, and PS3 nothing to miss yet.

Metal Gear Solid 4, I haven't gotten a ps3 yet but MGS, MGS2 and MGS3 are all epic so I am dying to play MGS4

MGS1, can't play it now. Graphics, camera, and controls are too dated now.

wow you missed out, ..... talk about sheltered life. no NES:(

Yeah, I had a Genesis, then only played PC games until I bought a 360 at launch.

I played the Gamecube version on the Wii, and it was decent. Having it in widescreen format certainly helped. Granted, I used a guide the whole way through. The issues with the controls have more to do with the game itself and not the fact that it's old. I've read all the MGS games have weird controls.

you can play PS1 games on PSP and it makes it look much better on that small screen you could give that a try. Thats what I am going to do with Vandal hearts.

You could always run your legitimate PSX games through ePSXe; it lets you run them with antialiasing and texture smoothing, higher resolution, etc.

What is the best game you NEVER played on a console ? Lets face it , we cant play em all! So ... whats yours?

i dont get it, you're asking us what is the best game we never played? is that it?

speaking of zelda windwaker and Twilight I have never played ( aside from the twilight hack ).

Both are said to be great but I have just never played them.

Xenogears immediately came to mind. Never got my hands on that one unfortunately.

Otherwise God Of War.

SNES - EarthBound; Played just about every other SNES RPG growing up, but I've got no idea how this one got past me.
Playstation - Metal Gear Solid; I did play the original Metal Gear on the NES way back when but I never got into the more recent iterations.
PS2 - God of War 2; Loved the first God of War, but after I got an HDTV I kinda stopped playing PS2 games and missed out on this gem.
Xbox - KoToR 2; Like God of War, I played and loved the first but missed out on the sequel. Have it on PC though so hopefully one day I'll get to play it.

This question does not make any sense. :confused:
How can I judge a game without having played it???

This question does not make any sense. :confused:
How can I judge a game without having played it???

it's easy people do it all the time ( for good and bad )

I knew I was going to like persona 4 before I even played. Sometimes you just know.

I remember watching my suitemates in college play metal gear solid 1. I've never played any of the series. It looked awesome for the time.

I played the Gamecube version on the Wii, and it was decent. Having it in widescreen format certainly helped. Granted, I used a guide the whole way through. The issues with the controls have more to do with the game itself and not the fact that it's old. I've read all the MGS games have weird controls.

I've looked into buying the Gamecube version, but gamecube games aren't that easy to find or cheap. I don't feel like paying $30 for it on ebay when I already have the PS1 version. MGS games did have more as some would say Japanese style controls, but the later games adapter more American style controls.

you can play PS1 games on PSP and it makes it look much better on that small screen you could give that a try. Thats what I am going to do with Vandal hearts.

I've tried this before as well and yeah it makes it a bit better. Regular control can be more comfortable though.

you can play PS1 games with remote play on PSP and it makes it look much better on that small screen you could give that a try. Thats what I am going to do with Vandal hearts.

fixed.

Fixed ;)

any mgs game, any final fantasy. Never played any of them, no desire to play them at all, but I realize many people consider them good.

Back