Best case for my new iPhone 3GS?

but to replace one is 600 bones... its worth the case

+1
I had the 2g and the screen cracked when it slipped out of my hand 6 months after i bought it. They were wanting $200 just to fix the screen. So, with my now 3GS I went all out: Otterbox Defender + Nutshell iPhone OtterBox Defender Belt Case.

During work I have it in the Nutshell Pouch and after I keep it in my pocket. I then turned/modified the Otterbox Defender clip into a car mount.

I ordered the capsuleNEO, I love how it looks/fits :)

I actually just got home from work with a capsuleneo on my doorstep. Just put it on my 3GS and it's gorgeous. I wasted one of the included screen protectors with a stray hair on the screen, but the second one went on fine. Installation was much easier than reviewers seem to say.

Last edited:
Similar train of though. I didn't really want to add anymore bulk to my iPhone 3GS so I bought an invisibleShield for the front and a cool skin from skinit for the back. Much easier (for me) to apply to the back vs an invisibleShield.

Every single case I've seen is way too bulky. Either naked or in my case InvisibleShield. It's a phone, not a priceless work of art.

I bought this for my 3GS (which I like a lot and usually keep in my back pocket when I go into places):
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/reveal

I use an Incase Slider and like it alot...but this case looks real nice. Although the slight bulk the Slider adds makes the phone feel better to hold (in my opinion)...in the end I think I probably would've preferred a case that kept things slim like that one.

I'm a member of another web forum....and in their for sale forum called "the yard sale" there is a fellow selling iphone 3g/3gs cases....

You would have to create an account and then go through this "approval" process, but the prices are anywhere from 5 to 10 bucks for a hundred different cases plus extra accessories.

If you PM me, I'll tell you the website, hell you may already post there.

I just bought a case from him and it's waiting for me back in Indiana when I get home from Vacation this Sunday.

This is what I bought - for $10.00. The grey and black one on the right.
zjtclx.jpg

edit: I'm not sure if this post is illegal or not....I'll post the website freely if it is at all okay....The only reason I'm asking for a PM is because the last time I advertised anything for anybody I was told I'd be banned for it....so I guess this time I'm trying to go under the radar to help a guy out.

Last edited:
i suggest you guys buy the ZAGG invisible shield,and protect your investment. Ive had my phone with that only no case and it is in perfect condition

Currently have an incase slider which actually feels really nice. Also have a power support crystal film to protect the screen from scratches. Overall, it's a good combo I think, but I'm looking into getting a vaja case, but it's hard to do at over $80 a case, but they are the best looking cases around.

Love my black InCase Slider. Simple, clean. Perfect thickness and perfect feel. Just a slight grippy feel to it, but not too much, like rubber has.
Pretty much perfect.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I'm debating, but leaning toward the Capsule Neo. I need something safe, effective, and classy enough I can take to court with me.

Still need to figure out how to get this thing insured. Total BS that you can't do it through AT&T. Hopefully I can add it on to one of my other policies.

Here's the seller of the Capsule NEO mock I bought on eBay.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/easys...205QQ_trksidZp3911Q2ec0Q2em14QQ_sopZ15QQ_scZ1

Comes with 2 silicone membranes to change the color. (Black/White). The screen protector it comes with isn't great. I actually tried to put it on and took it right off. It wasnt too sturdy. Comes with a nice video stand and a cloth. All around good deal.

Took 10 days to ship from me since its coming from Hong Kong. VERY good quality on this case. I'm completely happy with it, plan on buying some more for friends.

FINALLY, i got a new white iPhone 3GS. im the original poster and it took this long to save up the money. what a horrible month july was. i picked white over black, very happy with decision...its "clean" looking

FINALLY, i got a new white iPhone 3GS. im the original poster and it took this long to save up the money. what a horrible month july was. i picked white over black, very happy with decision...its "clean" looking

Hope you enjoy your Brown 3G S in a few weeks :)

J/K..really hope you dont have that problem tho..

Hope you enjoy your Brown 3G S in a few weeks :)

J/K..really hope you dont have that problem tho..
that turned out to be a case that made the iphone brown, had nothing to do with overheating or whatever they thought it was.

if it does happen, you can wipe it off with alcohol.

for any that care, I bought the capsule rebel in white for my white iphone and the case itself started turning pink, same thing happened to my buddy with the white case

i feel like majority of the overheating is due to case, extreme usage, or a combination of stupid things. i dunno, i baby my electronics. i read one post of a guy complaining about it changing colors but when asked details he left the phone in his car for 20 minutes and then pulled it out and used google maps for 15 minutes. thats just stupid, of course the thing is going to get really hot if you leave it in a car.

I use the black DLO Jamjacket with the Zagg skin working for over 1 year now on 2 gen no problems

i feel like majority of the overheating is due to case, extreme usage, or a combination of stupid things. i dunno, i baby my electronics. i read one post of a guy complaining about it changing colors but when asked details he left the phone in his car for 20 minutes and then pulled it out and used google maps for 15 minutes. thats just stupid, of course the thing is going to get really hot if you leave it in a car.

But by saying no extreme use, are you saying not to use the iPhone for Navigation? Because if so then Apple shouldnt be pushing the new TomTom app if it just means it's gonna overheat the device.

I get not leaving the phone in the sun..obviously..but to want to push a device as an All-In-One and not give reliability is not a good look.

But by saying no extreme use, are you saying not to use the iPhone for Navigation? Because if so then Apple shouldnt be pushing the new TomTom app if it just means it's gonna overheat the device.

I get not leaving the phone in the sun..obviously..but to want to push a device as an All-In-One and not give reliability is not a good look.

im just saying that it seems to be a few isolated incidents. has anyone used the tomtom app yet? i can't see myself paying for it when google maps is so damn precise now.

Back