• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

best case for ~50 bucks?

Mizugori

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
1,240
I'm really over budget already, and was planning to get the thermaltake mambo from zipzoomfly for 49.99 shipped free. is there any deal out there that beats that, NOT via a friggin rebate? is the mambo a bad case?
 
Mambo = not too hot. I'll skip.

Coolermaster Centurion. Very sturdy, high quality. You won't believe how well it is made compared to many other cases costing many times more.
 
Coolermaster Centurion 5 ROCKS i love this case im considering buying a second one to mod cause i cant bring myself to cut up the one i have :p.
 
I've built with the Centurion. For the price, I doubt you're going to find anything better. I like it a little better than the mambo. Either one is probably your best bet unless there's something with a nice rebate.
 
another vote for the centurion 5, you wont find a case as sturdy or as nice looking as it ;)
 
Have a Centurion - great features good air flow. Built sturdier than most cases costing twice as much.
 
Another vote for the Centurion. My friend and I did a build with one over the summer and I was nothing but impressed with it. The construction, parts and layout are top-notch. It's the best value in that price range, hands down.
 
I'm actually about to list a centurion for sale, unless someone in this thread would like it?

I just upgraded to an Antec Nine Hundred.
 
centurion gets my vote too

i have it and love it

just don't live in a dusty area, cuz dust will get all over the front mesh thing, but at the same time, it's 1010100100101010101010010101 times better than on your pc parts
 
Centurion 5 seems to be the best case at this price point. It, too, gets my vote.
 
Centurion 5. It's pretty much the best case you can get for under $100.
 
well, if you don't mind the rebate for 30$, Outpost has an Antec Solo going right now, which is just a sexy, sexy, QUIET case!
 
skyhawk eagletech cases are very well built and you can get an aluminum case for like 30 bux. its not flashy but I liek them. they arne't finger cutters either all the edges are rolled or covered in plastic.
 
Centurion 5. Nothing better for the money. Now if your going int he 100 dollar range, yes there are better cases, but that dosent discount the cent. 5. Good sturdy case, just not for the silent enthusiast since it has a mesh front which lets noise out.
 
Hey Mizugori! Clear some space in your PM box! Trying to reach you but your box is full! ;)

P.S - My Paypal address is located at the very top of my FS Thread. Just click the Paypal logo! :p

- Peace!
 
stealthy123 said:
skyhawk eagletech cases are very well built and you can get an aluminum case for like 30 bux. its not flashy but I liek them. they arne't finger cutters either all the edges are rolled or covered in plastic.

Sometimes you can get great deals on the Lian-Li knockoffs. I've looked at a couple of them.
 
JaYp146 said:
ooo, weblink? :D

I haven't really looked in a while...LOL. Your best bet would probably be to see which Skyhawk case you like then google/froogle the model number.
 
You really have to look to get a Superlanboy for ~$50. Usually there's a hefty rebate with it also. Sometimes they have sales though. I think I got mine for $60 with free shipping.
 
another vote for cent 5

used one in a build for my friend, I had thought it was going to be a crappy case from it's price and damn was I wrong. A very pleasant surprise.
 
Back
Top