• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

best card under 90?

dojugoo

n00b
Joined
Jun 7, 2007
Messages
30
Hi,

I'm looking for a video card purchase upgrade soon, and was wondering if anybody has suggestions for what to get that would be under 90 dollars.

Thanks
 
I would get a used 4870. Still a pretty good card in a lot of games.
 
i'm currently running a geforce 7600gt

thanks for the suggestion, are there any improvement in the GTS250 over the 4850 that would be worth the extra 10 dollars. If they're about the same, then I'll just go with the cheaper one.
 
Not really...they are pretty much about the same. IIRC, the 4850 is a little faster. I'd probably get that.
 
What do you think about the HD5670 compared to the 4850? its roughly the same price

edit: nvm, just looked it up, and seems like 4850 is still much better than 5670
 
You didnt say if you play games or not. If not, I would just get a GT 240 cause its the last one up the ladder that doesnt need a 6 pin power. I got it for $43 AR and Bing.

I never had ATI video card although they are out first with DirectX 11 and Infinity Display. Nvidia lacks behind.
 
I just bought a 4850 512mb from zipzoomfly for $79 after rebate, I will let you know how it is.
 
hmmm.. that 4850 from newegg, just shot up to $91.99 AR, and i was just about to buy it, haha, i guess i'll wait a bit

yea, i will play games, upgrading for SC2, and likely to transfer onto other games
 
Back
Top