Best business backup software?

Dillirium

Limp Gawd
Hi all. I'm currently using Symantec backup exec and I'm sick of being price gouged. I wanted to get some other opinions on backup software to see if anyone has any good experiences with the software they use.

I'm looking to backup 2 servers 1 "shared folder" from a pc and an SQL Database.
EDIT: I should of mentioned this is for Windows Server 2003 and Server 2000.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,
Dill

Last edited:
I like EMC retrospect.

Not overly expensive, very solid implementation, lots of features, easy to use. Add-on the components that you need.

Novastor gets annoying, Acronis is ok but not great for general business backup IMO, and many of the other decent ones are insanely expensive (CA).

Dillirium, did you ever look into any of the options mentioned? We are using Backup Exec also and I wondered if you had a chance to compare it with anything else.

Actually I didn't but I'm back on this again. I was able to transfer my current licenses to the new server so I didn't have to buy new software.. It's working meh... Some bugs transferring it...

I know this is outdated and 2+ months old now but this is a good thread to keep updated for other people looking for alternatives. If I buy a new one, mentioned above, I will let you all know what I find.

Thanks,

Dillirium

Thanks for the update. We are looking to move to Paragon. Acronis is a LOT more expensive and I'm not sure what we'd be getting for that extra money. I like Paragon's interface so far...just need to find some more time to test it.

Back