Best board for o/cing

hey crew! ive been given a mandate to build a new system, yahoo! the next best thing than owning one right?
so anyway i was given a few parameters including future proofing this system to the best my ability, so i reckon ocing would be the way to go right i mean the system to begin will be stable and quite capable and cooling feature can be added later when higher preformance is required. i was looking at a socket 939 system 3200+ processor etc, my question is your thoughts on mobos i was thinking about the Foxconn 6150K8MA-8EKRS just cause it has so many ocing features, but all all are welcome to deabate the merits of all boards keeping in mind that im looking for a realitive stable ocing system in a socket 939 system. well all systems are stable arent they but hopefully you know what i mean.

do you want SLI. Then get a DFI LanParty SLI-DR
or get a DFI LanParty ULTRA-D that can be modded to SLI if needed. both excellent OCers. NOTE the adjustable settings for EVERYTHING are not for the faint hearted

yeah Dark_fire that's true thing is it will be for an eventual computer engineer studing at my varsity who i suspect will know much more than me about pc's in a year or two, im runnin the final config past him but for now he is relying on me to get the job done, and besides if you stick the basics and and oc gently and by the numbers you are pretty safe, in my eperience at least. i was aimin to see what people think would be the best board in terms of reputation and robustness for ocing. the point will be to gradually increase to ocing not jumping right into it, im just needing a board that can do the job.
the Ultra D does look pretty sweet and the price is reasonable to enough to warrent the SLI interface. Still i'm not completly sold on SLI, the preformance benefit looks nominal is there any reason to get it outside of high game demands?

is there any reason to get it outside of high game demands?
Not unless he's planning on doing a lot of 3D rendering or anything that requires a high video frame rate.
The DFI non-sli board is a great one from what I have heard. That 3200+ Venice will do well in the overclocking arena as well. Have you considered any of the dual core cpu's? If you want to future proof the system it seems like these cpu's should be under consideration - unless there is a tight budget constraint. The 3800X2 or 4200X2 would be worth considering if the budget is there.

If you want a future proof pc, get a dual core CPU.

there is a budget constraint, im looking toward a flexible board, most look like they can handle the 64 X2's dual core goodness which can be added later when the price comes down a little later, i guess ddr constraints would come before processor capibility in terms of holiding back a pc on a 939 board, thats a concern. i think in terms of dual core it rates very highly but for the momnet the 3200+ looks capable and can be upgraded later.

Back