Best bang 4 buck 1TB NVMe SSD?

Retsam

2[H]4U
Just bought new Ryzen 5 CPU/Mobo/Ram. I decided it is time to update my boot hdd as well maybe(which is currently a Samsung 860 1tb Sata ssd).

I have been doing a bit of research but just want a little added input on the current best bang 4 buck, reliable, fast and cheapest 1TB NVMe SSD. I am going to guess the very top tier will be the Samsung 970 Evo/Plus SSDs which also cost $220...

Anything close to that for cheaper? I see some people recommending the WD Blue SN550 1TB for bang 4 buck. I also see SSDs like the Microcenter Inland 1TB NVMe with E12 controller are also sought after. I also see some saying the ADATA SX8200 Pro.

Any feedback is helpful. I would prefer to spend closer to $100 for 1TB but that may not be possible. I see the WD Blue SN550 1TB is $115 on Newegg, so thats pretty close. The only SSDs I have owned thus far have been SATA and all Samsung so...

Thanks. 🍺

I would also like to know which the best pick would be in the $150 range for 1TB. The sabrent rocket seems like a top pick doing some poking around.

I would also like to know which the best pick would be in the $150 range for 1TB. The sabrent rocket seems like a top pick doing some poking around.

The Sabrent Rocket is essentially the same drive as the Inland Premium. Same Phison controller, same Toshiba TLC NAND (unless you're looking at the Rocket Q which is QLC instead of TLC).

I've been very happy with my Corsair MP510 series. Very quick reads & writes.

I've been very happy with my Corsair MP510 series. Very quick reads & writes.

Another drive with the Phison E12/Toshiba TLC combo.

I think the cheapest Phison E12/Toshiba drive out there right now that I've seen is the Silicon Power 1TB version. $135 at Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
There are way to many of these to pick from..

Go to Maxx's resources he linked. Go to his spreadsheet. Filter by controller and select the E12. There are a number of them so you can shop around if you like that combo. I have the 2TB Inland PCIe 3.0 drive and it's been pretty solid for me. I can't complain.

In fairness though, you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference in real world usage between any modern PCIe 3.0 drive. If you find a good deal on the ADATA 8200 Pro or the WD SN550, it's not like it's a bad drive.

Go to Maxx's resources he linked. Go to his spreadsheet. Filter by controller and select the E12. There are a number of them so you can shop around if you like that combo. I have the 2TB Inland PCIe 3.0 drive and it's been pretty solid for me. I can't complain.

In fairness though, you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference in real world usage between any modern PCIe 3.0 drive. If you find a good deal on the ADATA 8200 Pro or the WD SN550, it's not like it's a bad drive.

Yeah thanks to both of you. Just was looking for some added input to help me research. Right now I am looking at a few different E12 controller ssds(inland and another), and kind of looking hard at western digital SN550(only $115 at newegg) and western digital SN750 which is more in the $165 area now closer to the samsungs. I kinda like the WD SN550. I wish the Samsung 970 evo plus wasnt $220+tax, I would just get that.

Back