Best all time Windows OS?

What Windows release was the best?

• Total voters

spotdog14

[H]ard|Gawd
Well what do you think is the all time best windows release?

Me personally i think that Windows 2000 was the best hands down! The ONLY reason that i do not have it on my main system anymore is that my mobo drivers dont work under 2k.... Damn you Asus..

So what you do guys think?

PLEASE NOTE!!! THE SECOND XP PRO SHOULD BE XP HOME!

Best Windows version is 2000 hands down. Everything 9x and before was total crap, and although XP is built on 2000, it needs more TLC than 2000.

you actually put windows ME as an option !? good thing its a public poll so we can see who voted for it in the unlikely event that should actually happen :p

tim_m said:
you actually put windows ME as an option !? good thing its a public poll so we can see who voted for it in the unlikely event that should actually happen :p

i agree! ME was the worst release ever, it seems like they took everything bad about 98 se, and 2k and put it into a release just to make some money!

tim_m said:

I just voted for it for the hell of it. :D

I never even used ME, I kept using W2K until I finally upgraded to XP Pro at home and work.

spotdog14 said:
ah yes, if you look at my post you will see teh answer for that in all caps....

I was confused for a bit. I was all like "OMG NOES!11! I <3 XP Pro, but I'm being made to choose between XP Pro, and XP Pro.:eek:" Then I read your first post and used reading comprehension for t3h w1n!

S1nF1xx said:
I was confused for a bit. I was all like "OMG NOES!11! I <3 XP Pro, but I'm being made to choose between XP Pro, and XP Pro.:eek:" Then I read your first post and used reading comprehension for t3h w1n!

lol now the next post shoudl be, choose between Original XP Pro, SP1, and SP2.... hehehehe

1c3d0g said:
How original... :rolleyes:

Can someone tell me if Media Center is worth bothering with or if the same can be done with XP Pro SP2 and some 3rd party apps?

BTW I voted for XP Pro

I voted for XP Pro, because I am currently using it. But it is a tie between XP and 2000.

brom42 said:
I voted for XP Pro, because I am currently using it. But it is a tie between XP and 2000.

Clarification needed, are you talking pre or post SPs? If you are not including SPs I'd say 2K, if you are including them, then XP Pro.

The_Mage18 said:
Clarification needed, are you talking pre or post SPs? If you are not including SPs I'd say 2K, if you are including them, then XP Pro.

*Dumb founded look*

Nohpys said:
How original... :rolleyes:

Can someone tell me if Media Center is worth bothering with or if the same can be done with XP Pro SP2 and some 3rd party apps?

BTW I voted for XP Pro

well MCE can do everythign pro can except for connect to a domain. I got MCE because it was cheaper than Pro....

So thats my reasoning!

This won't be popular but............. XP Pro x64

Driver support isn't all that great (that isn't MS's fault so much though they could have had their Keyboard and mouse drivers out on time).......but it is the first MS OS after DOS that has actually felt really stable at release.

Back