Best air cooler

eternaljammer

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
2,789
Hey all I was just wondering what is the best air cooler on the market today. I want to get every little degree of cooling I can get. :)
 
way to have a very very open topic that everyone will debate over!

lol

I don't know what case you plan on using, and that will likely impact what cooler you end up using. But my general vote goes to the Scythe Ninja...With a low speed fan attached, it is def one of the top coolers. Works very well in the P180



You will also have people make a case for:
Big Typhoon
Zalman 9500
XP-90C
XP-120
SI-120


There...i think that takes care of most of the good HSF's out there.
 
Scythe Ninja, best cooler. 'nuff said



2.Big Typhoon/Zalman 9500
3. XP-120

:p
 
eternaljammer said:
Also did I hear there is a 200 cfm Delta out there?

Holy shit! What's that screaming air noise coming from your computer man!?!?!

OH IT'S JUST MY CPU COOLER!

WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!
 
my scythe and p180 are coming tomorrow and i'm getting ready for the transplant....

I'M GIGGLY AS A SCHOOLGIRL
 
quadnad said:
my scythe and p180 are coming tomorrow and i'm getting ready for the transplant....

I'M GIGGLY AS A SCHOOLGIRL
sweet i wanna see pics of them in my thread :p (check sig)
 
I have noticed a lot of backers for the XP-90C, but can she really be cooler (literally) than the Ninja. I wish they would already release the all copper Ninja.
 
Best air cooler? Depends on what kind of case and motherboard you're going to use. Scythe Ninja I heard good things about. I think my roommate is going to get one. If he lets me, I'm going to compare temps with the XP-120 I'm going to get. And then someday get my hands on a zalman or something. Cause I want to know for sure what is the best, and not many people review HS. But from what I've heard, they're all around the same.

eternaljammer said:
How is the installation of the Ninja? Also did I hear there is a 200 cfm Delta out there?
Not sure about the Ninja, but there is indeed a 220 CFM Delta. It comes with 65dB of deafening power! 4600 rpm... damn that's faster than the 80mm I got on my HS, and I thought mine was loud.
I'm going to buy one of those sometime... it's so damn expensive for a fan though. I just want to see/hear it in action, like the Vantec Tornado I bought and never used :p
 
I'm loving my new Zalman 9500... a bit expensive though, but it's Zalman!
 
Oh god, I remember the old Delta 80mm screamer everyone was using. I can't imagine that thing.

Ah wtf, I'm in for 4 for a case mod that's gonna levitate.
 
I've owned 2 Thermaltake silent towers and they've been great. They really add to the "holy sh*t large heatsink" factor.
 
^ L O L

no dont get a stock cooler and stfu get a good aftermarket one if ur willing to get into overclocking and be more hands/on with computers :)
 
Back
Top