• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Best 27"

TexasHays

n00b
Joined
Dec 21, 2010
Messages
41
Currently I'm using a 42" 1080p plasma tv for my monitor.

Which has worked great as its pretty good for gaming and I also use my PC as a home theater.
However, long bouts of reading on it have slowly killed my interest. I will still use it for Netflix and the like but for work and gaming I want a new display.

I've checked out the forums and newegg and can't seem to decide which 27" is best. I would love 30" but those prices are out of my budget. And there's no point in moving over to a new display for the same resolution.

So I'm hoping for a 2560x1440 at least.
Any suggestions?

I am able to get a 25% discount on Apple products, so I can get the 27" Apple Cinema Display for $749 so thats the budget to beat. I'm thinking I may have to go with that as I cant find anything else with the same resolution for around the same price.
 
Here are your options:

Apple Cinema Display

Go for it if: 1. You have a compatible video card (some cards' displayport outs had trouble); 2. You are comfortable that you can get the bootcamp drivers to work, or are using a Mac; 3. you prefer a glossy screen (or are ambivalent); 4. you don't intend to use the monitor for anything other than computer use (no scaler, limited inputs).

Dell u2711

Go fot it if: 1. You prefer a matte/anti-glare screen; 2. you want maximum flexibility for inputs and scaler; 3. you are comfortable with the reasonable lag introduced by the scaler.

NEC PA271w

Go for it if: 1. You plan on doing very color sensitive work.
 
Here are your options:

Apple Cinema Display

Go for it if: 1. You have a compatible video card (some cards' displayport outs had trouble); 2. You are comfortable that you can get the bootcamp drivers to work, or are using a Mac; 3. you prefer a glossy screen (or are ambivalent); 4. you don't intend to use the monitor for anything other than computer use (no scaler, limited inputs).

Dell u2711

Go fot it if: 1. You prefer a matte/anti-glare screen; 2. you want maximum flexibility for inputs and scaler; 3. you are comfortable with the reasonable lag introduced by the scaler.

NEC PA271w

Go for it if: 1. You plan on doing very color sensitive work.


how about the Hazro 27" as an alternative to the Apple ?
 
Back
Top