Best 2+ (local) player games on 360 or PS3

Zinn

2[H]4U
I've got a 360 and a PS3 and like them both, but I'm not familiar with too many good 2 player games. My bf and I have played Halo 2, 3, and ODST to death, and Gears of War 2. Other than that we're looking for games that are fun to play on the couch with two or more people. It seems like a lot of the games I've found are multiplayer online only, and that doesn't really work... so can anyone offer suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

Seems like you have been sticking with shooters, but I had fun with local multiplayer with Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. There is a second one as well. I found it boring in single player, but had a blast playing it with friends/family.

Local multiplayer seems to be dying out this generation.

Local multiplayer seems to be dying out this generation.

Sad. It's my favorite part of gaming.

Even local LAN is dying out. :(

OP: Check out Xbox Live Arcade games, xplosion man was pretty fun, as well as I made a game with zombies.

Worms 2 on XBLA. Perfect for 3 or 4 people sitting in one place, some of the shit that happens is hilarious.

Last edited:
ModNation Racers has split screen multiplayer if you are willing to go the cart racer route.

Castle Crashers - best hack n slash I've ever played.
Fat Princess - class-based isometric hack n slash capture the flag.
Worms - ballistics versus game.
Settlers of Catan - board game adaptation.
Little Big Planet - stupid good platforming fun with 4 people. Better with 2 or 3, can get a little busy with 4.
Left 4 Dead 2 - FPS, kill a shit ton of Zomb- errr... Zeds.

Last edited:
castle crashers is as good as it gets for 4 player hack n slash on 360

OP: Check out Xbox Live Arcade games, xplosion man was pretty fun, as well as I made a game with zombies.
+1 for xplosion man

Very sad, i go to my brothers house and we play ps3 on his projector and drink beer. It's great... unfortunately, games with these features are going bye-bye, as kids are trained to avoid person to person meetings.

We are pretty much stuck to playing FIFA10 right now online, with me as a guest. Which is a horrible disadvantage when playing another person.

Very sad, i go to my brothers house and we play ps3 on his projector and drink beer. It's great... unfortunately, games with these features are going bye-bye, as kids are trained to avoid person to person meetings.

We are pretty much stuck to playing FIFA10 right now online, with me as a guest. Which is a horrible disadvantage when playing another person.

Nowadays my friends and I spend more time revisiting older titles instead of new ones just because the old ones had local multiplayer of some sort.

If you like racing, Blur supports up to 4 players locally.

Also, as said above, Castle Crashers ftw.

Worms

Scott Pilgrim (think River City Ransom)

Get a Wii for the non-gamers. Boom Blox, Mario Kart and Wii Sports are good casual games for when people are over ;)

Resident Evil 5 supports split screen. You can play this game only with two characters. its easier to play it with two real players instead of one bot and one player. especially on professional difficulty.

Army of Two, the first one, was a flipping blast on split screen. castle crashers, borderlands, all good fun

Back