D
Deleted member 147607
Guest
Looking for a Core2Duo to finish putting together my HTPC. My budget is limited to about $150 on the CPU, would the e8400 be the best choice in this price range?
The motherboard, an XFX mATX platform can accept both 1066 or 1333 FSB cpu's. Do I even need something this powerful? Although, I'd like to buy the best for it now if I can.
I did find an e6850 which I realize isn't a 45nm processor and it has 2mb less cache, I don't know how much slower this would be, but it's almost $50 less.
Like the title says though, looking for best bang for the buck with the cash I have to spend.
So far I have,
XFX 9300 Motherboard
EVGA GTX 260 video card
Corsair 2x2gb's of ram
Corsair HX 520
Appreciate any thoughts...
Liquid Cool
The motherboard, an XFX mATX platform can accept both 1066 or 1333 FSB cpu's. Do I even need something this powerful? Although, I'd like to buy the best for it now if I can.
I did find an e6850 which I realize isn't a 45nm processor and it has 2mb less cache, I don't know how much slower this would be, but it's almost $50 less.
Like the title says though, looking for best bang for the buck with the cash I have to spend.
So far I have,
XFX 9300 Motherboard
EVGA GTX 260 video card
Corsair 2x2gb's of ram
Corsair HX 520
Appreciate any thoughts...
Liquid Cool